What's new

You guys see the size of this hog ? (1 Viewer)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Frozen fish is never as good as fresh.

You're supposed to thaw it before eating! If not for freezing, fish wouldn't be available in many areas.

> Don't they have Boy Scouts in Canada?

I think so; it's freedom that was phased out up there.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin

That begs the question as to why anyone would get any "self-satisfaction" from killing something really big?

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
They killed something really big, something most people don't ever experience. To them it's a big accomplishment.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Wouldn't capturing something alive (with your own hands) be more impressive?

Isn't hunting the equivalent to shooting someone with a gun instead of fighting with your fists? Shooting with a gun is the cowardly way out, that's why I don't think hunting is all that "impressive". You have to do a lot better than just shooting something for me to be impressed.

Hell, if we're going along those lines, then if I drop a massive bomb in the forest and kill off hundreds of animals, does that make me "cool"?? Would people be impressed?? :confused: Would it be ok because I felt a sense of accomplishment?

;)

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Once again that is one big pig. I don't think I would want to run up on something like that out in the wild.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
this has always been my thought.
capturing something this big alive, would be amazing and much more impressive
besides that first pig was a captive pig and apparently was let loose, why
it was let loose I don't know.

Hexa Gon

Auditioning
Real Name
Hexagon
totally agree its a cowardliness act when its done outside of eating the kill its like I can shoot a thing far far away from me when it cant do anything to protect or defend its self, the act of hunting can only be condoned if you eat what you kill. Deer meat can be really good.... so go for it but be a man to eat what you kill, don't be a weak ass and if its that big seriously let the thing die of an old age you would get more satisfaction of being a better man

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Hexa Gon

totally agree its a cowardliness act when its done outside of eating the kill its like I can shoot a thing far far away from me when it cant do anything to protect or defend its self,
the act of hunting can only be condoned if you eat what you kill. Deer meat can be really good.... so go for it but be a man to eat what you kill, don't be a weak ass

and if its that big seriously let the thing die of an old age you would get more satisfaction of being a better man

This depends. There are times I agree with this, but then I think about the roads at night. Thanks to the loss of natural predators and good environment, we have rotated and had years where the deer population is out of control. When it gets too high, they encourage people to bag more deer. Then it's public safety. Hungry deer happen when there are too many, and they will do wild stuff; like run into cities, march through traffic.

Capturing them alive doesn't solve anything. We wiped out their predator, and now we have a responsibility to keep their population in line the way a predator would have so that these things don't happen.

Not saying it's true of everything.

I haven't been deer hunting in 20 years or more. But it is a hell of a feet to actually bag a deer; and would never happen "with your hands".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks