What's new

You discover you are dying tonight at midnight. How do you spend your last hours? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Rogers

Second Unit
No ifs, ands or buts. At midnight you are on the way out. What would do as of right now this very instant? (Yes this is a serious question) ;) Me?
I would walk out of my job.
I would call my good friends and say that I loved them.
I would call my family together for a last get together.
I would call the girl I have crushed on and display my feelings!
I would go to a movie theater....lie in the seat. And go out in style at the local AMC

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I'd leave work, call my friends and family and tell them I loved them. Then I'd spend the rest of the day with my husband, ensuring my final hours were as memorable as possible.
Quite a morbid question. . .and I was in a good mood before this! :D

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
That's easy... Hunting down George Lucas for not releasing Star Wars on DVD before I died.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I would probably send someone I work with a quick email to update everything I had worked on, would write a quick will transferring all my assets, then drop a quick phone call saying goodbye to the loved ones.
Then a quick night on the town with a nice expensive Italian meal, maybe a viewing of Minority Report, and then I would try to break my previous 135 mph maximum speed record all the while playing Don't Fear the Reaper and REMs It's the End of the World.
Would be a damn shame for missing out on TTT and TRotK (oh, and maybe marriage :)), but when you gotta go you gotta go.

Anthony_J

Stunt Coordinator
I would do the standard i love you deal with family and friends after walking out on my job and grabbing the hottie downstairs for a "World War II is over" kind of kiss (might as well cop a feel while I'm at it).

then i'd take my savings, buy the most expensive car i could on short notice, drive to a steakhouse and eat as much red meat and fatty foods as possible, go swimming less than half an hour after eating, smoke a carton of cigarettes, jump on the bed, feed all of the animals at the zoo, mix beer and liquor, run around with scissors in my hand, use a bandsaw without adequate eye protection, set the brightness and contrast way above 50 on my RPTV, inject some heroin and take a bunch of mushrooms before finally finding an open grassy field to lay in until the end.

i'd also find someone that was never nice to me and tell them that they're responsible for my death. they'd spend the rest of their lives consumed by guilt. It would be great.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Midnight? You mean I have to wait that long? :)
Joking aside, I'd leave work (and not tell the pointy-haired bosses), and no they don't deserve a status on my projects either. Heck, I may do that even if I'm not dying... oh don't mind me I'm having a bad day at work! :frowning:
Then I'd call my folks and tell them I love them, then I'd spend the rest of the afternoon with my wife and cats, playing with them, and then when night falls, I'd spend the rest of my life holding my wonderful wife in my arms.
KJP

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
For fear of attracting some unwanted attention by the FBI I won't get into details, but let's just say that I would go out like Tony Montana in Scarface.
say hello to my little friend:)

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
1. Contact loved ones and friends.
2. Eat a great meal with my immediate family.
3. Kiss and hug all family members present.
4. Make love with my wife until the end.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, those are all nice things.... but you know, you can do them today even WITHOUT having to die at midnight (well, except for the job thing, probably)! :)
I'd go and pick up my wife from work, go home, call (or e-nmail if i can't reach them) my relatives and friends and tell them that I love them (without saying I'm dying, that would just be unnecessary), and then spend the rest of the evening in bed with my wife, hopefully peacefully drifting away as I lay in her arms.
/Mike

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I'd make my death look like a murder and frame somebody for it. :)
Who was it who called the police and said there was a dead guy on his lawn, and then went out on his lawn and shot himself?
Or just before midnight, I'd get all huffy with someone in a Blockbuster store and say in a loud voice, "...and if I'm not telling the truth, may God strike me dead, right here where I stand!" Of course, I'd be talking about how P&S is better than OAR so that my death would speak to millions (okay, maybe a dozen or so) that God, in fact, prefers OAR and won't put up with this P&S crap anymore.
Oh, and nachos. I'd definitely do nachos.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
From Airplane!
Attndnt : Booo-hooo ( she crys )
Rumack : Randy, are you alright?
Attndnt : Oh, Dr. Rumack, I'm scared. I've never been so scared. And besides, I'm 26 and I'm not married.
Rumack : We're going to make it, you've got to believe that.
Woman3 : Dr. Rumack, do you have any idea when we'll be landing?
Rumack : Pretty soon, how are you bearing up?
Woman3 : Well, to be honest, I've never been so scared. But, at least I have a husband. ( Randy sobs harder )
:D

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
With my family and friends, at a pre-death wake party (food, music, etc.)
Been there, done that. :frowning:

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Nobody wants to have sex? Man, I'd want to have sex. Just being honest here. :D
Ok, so I've got 12 hours. That's enough time for sex, a great meal, phone calls to my friends to say goodbye and tell them that I love them and final screenings of 2001: A Space Odyssey and Children of Paradise

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
Right on. I just assumed shagging was a given for everybody.
And some good eats, good laughs and a good flick.
Actually, I like all of this all the time, not just on the last day.

Jeff Rogers

Second Unit

Well I am giving an answer from the standpoint of something that is realistic. I currently have no shagadelic partner and am under the assumption that it is not likely to change in the next 10 hours. HAHAHAHAH

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Jeff, I don't have anyone handy either, but if it came down to 12 hours to live, I think I'd probably pay for it if I had to. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks