You can tell it's Spring Time!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I've never seen so many DIY speaker/subwoofer projects going on at the same time in this forum. I guess with the weather getting nice in the spring time, people are having some DIY fun!

2. DerrickN

DerrickN Stunt Coordinator

No wonder PE is having some big sale on the subwoofer :)

3. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

Spring, what's this spring you speak of :p)
    It was 5F outside today and we got more snow on Sunday then we've had all winter [​IMG]

4. Frank Kanyak

Frank Kanyak Stunt Coordinator

We're hitting in the mid 50's here in the northeastern section of Pa. Perfect timing to start making a SOnosub. I just want to thank everyone again for making this so much fun!!![​IMG]

5. Jedd

Jedd Second Unit

6. DerrickN

DerrickN Stunt Coordinator

Sorry Guys!! Don't want to rub it in.. But out here in Southern California, everyday is always like spring time :)

7. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Pat can attest to the fact that it was sunny and about 75 here today in Hotlanta! Hopefully I'll be starting my sealed 1803 enclosure soon! I've already told my dad to pick me up two sheets of MDF (he owes me for the sheet of cherry veneer)!

Brian

8. Michael Do

Michael Do Agent

I envy you guys. Us Midwesterner had to struggle with the snow yesterday. If it's 75 where I'm at I would work in my garage nekkid.[​IMG]

9. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

10. Ron D Core

Ron D Core Stunt Coordinator

It hit over 85 with less than 10% humidy here in this evil place called Tucson. The closer I get to finals, the more I think about building things and it hinders my consentration toward college. The lower my grades get lessens the chances of me being able to skip summer sessions to get a job to fund my long awaited projects...Damnit.

11. Hank Frankenberg

Hank Frankenberg Cinematographer

Here at Heaven on earth, the bluebonnets and other wildflowers are popping out like crazy! I'm going to take off the next two days and work on two six-foot tower speaker cabinets in my garage, (with a break for golf Friday morning)! I feel like makin' MDF dust!! [​IMG]

12. Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore Supporting Actor

13. Florida with 10% humidity?...impossible I say[​IMG]

14. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Anthony,
    No kidding! I've seen summers here in GA where it was a good 10 degrees hotter than in Central Florida, but we'd go visit my grandparents, who live about 10 miles inland from Cocoa Beach, and the damn humidity would make you think it was over 100 degrees! It's humid here in GA, but damn, down there it's almost like trying to breathe under water! [​IMG]
    Brian

15. Jeff Rosz

Jeff Rosz Second Unit

lol,

it get pretty hot and humid here too, and i can handle that. but i'll take the heat, humidity, snow, and flowers in trade for the wasps that are trying to take over/invade my woodshop.

16. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

The humidity is the reason why I don't go home to Mobile, AL, in the summer, you'd have to be a man from Atlantis to survive after becoming a man from Atlanta for the past 16 years... [​IMG]

17. eric nyhof

eric nyhof Stunt Coordinator

We got a few inches of snow up here in the U.P. of Michigan last night, tonights a low of about 10 with some more snow. I want spring time bad...

18. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Perfect here in Northern Cali. This is honestly the nicest weather I have ever lived in. And I grew up in Hawaii and also spent three years in southern California(OC). The bay area weather here is the nicest in the country (to me anyway). Too bad we have to deal with the traffic and high living expenses.

19. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Jeff,
    Aloha! [​IMG]
    Brian

20. Kevin Deacon

Kevin Deacon Second Unit

Ahhh, 90 degrees in Phoenix, but it's a dry heat!!! The Proac clones and AV1's are cut and ready for port hole routing. I've been working in the garage and driveway all winter on diy projects. My neighbors hate me and my sawdust on their newly washed cars. Oh well.