What's new

You can only either see LOTR 2&3, or Matrix 2&3, which one? (1 Viewer)

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Simple as that. You have your choice of seeing the second and third Matrix sequels (both to be released 2003) or Lord of the Rings second sequels (Dec 2002, Dec 2003). By choosing one that means you can NEVER see the other ones.
Actually, I'll throw in a 3rd option. You can see Matrix Reloaded and the Two Towers, but not the 3rd movie in either series.
I think LOTR will definitely win, despite that fact that if you really want to know what happens you can read the book. No such option for the Matrix. For that reason alone, I am choosing The Matrix .

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I'm not real excited about either series, but I guess I'll go with The Matrix.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Lord of the Rings, definitely. The LOTR movies represent three distinct parts of an on-going narrative. The Matrix sequels are just that, Hollywood sequels.
The first made money and the horse ain't quite dead yet, let's beat it some more! :rolleyes

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
This isn't really a question I have to worry about. I didn't like the Matrix enough to want to see either Matrix 2 or Matrix 3, so I won't be seeing those anyway. On the other hand, LOTR 2 & 3 are certainties for me to watch.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I'd kick whatever bastard was trying to prevent me from watching them in his nuts Butch Cassidy-style and watch whatever I damn well pleased!!!:D

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Given the fact that I know LOTR the book quite well, I would have to choose the Matrix sequels (but I wouldn't be happy about it).

The Matrix is my fifth favorite film of all time, and I cannot pass up a continuation of the story. Contrary to a post in this thread, these are NOT Hollywood sequels. The Wachowski brothers planned the Matrix films as a trilogy from the beginning, and the first film was successful enough to allow them to complete their vision. Mark my words, The Matrix Reloaded will easily become the highest-grossing R-rated film of all time, and the Matrix trilogy will take its place amongst the greats (Star Wars, Indy, BTTF, LOTR, etc...).

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'd rather watch The Two Towers and The Return of the King.

The Matrix is mildly amusing, but it doesn't have nearly the storytelling and character development FOTR had.

But...this in just my opinion. I'll still probably see Matrix 2 & 3 anyways.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, probably The Matrix. I was the opposite of Patrick. I didn't think FOTR had much character development, nor any interesting or memorable characters. So for me, the characters in The Matrix are more interesting. So I'd probably have to choose The Matrix.
But quite frankly, I want to see both.:D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I loved the Matrix for it's unique style and originality, but I love LotR because it's JUST THAT GOOD!!!
I'm over halfway through reading The Two Towers, and just the first half of the book makes me want to see TTT and RotK even more. I am going with LotR.

Steeve Bergeron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steeve Bergeron
That's easy!
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
The Matrix is good, yet way overrated.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Thank you, Terrell. You made my day.
:D I aim to please. But I'll take that as a disagreement. The jawdropping visuals, epic scope, good score, and great action are what I liked about the film. Not the character development or the characters.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Although the Matrix sequels will be damned cool, the Lord of the Rings is my favourite story ever. I think that the trilogy will be my favourite movies ever once they are all out as well. I would definitely pick LoTR The Two Towers and Return of the King over Matrix 2&3 if I had to.

Iain Jackson

Second Unit
I'll definitely watch both (and buy them on DVD), but if I was forced to choose, I'd go for The Matrix 2 & 3, because at least I could still find out what happens in LOTR by reading the book...

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well, if I someday find myself caring, I'm sure I'll be able to find out what happens in Matrix 2 & 3 by reading some HTF threads with spoilers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks