What's new

You Bet Your Life - The lost episodes!!!! (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe this snuck by without a review. Out of all the TV shows I own I would rate this at #1.
Outtakes, Stag reels (Very Tame by our standards), Commericals mainly from Desoto, Behind the Scenes and 18 Episodes round out this great set.
Throw in great guest appearences by Ernie Kovacs & Gary Coopers Mother and what else can anyone ask for?
Oh yeah......Groucho is at the top of his form!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...9/MO106711.DTL

BruceKimmel

Stunt Coordinator
Totally agree, one of the most entertaining DVDs ever made. It really shows how lame most comics are today - Groucho's timing is slow and impeccable and I have laughed louder and longer watching these episodes than at any modern TV sitcom. It just shows, quiz shows don't need hyped up camerawork, hyped up histrionics or anything else - these shows are done in front of a drape and it doesn't matter because they are brilliantly FUNNY. Unfortunately I had the flu while watching them and I was laughing so loud so frequently that it casued unstoppable coughing fits. The first show on Disc Two (a really early episode), with the woman who's allergic to flowers, and who wants to play the piano, is one of the single funniest things I've ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks