What's new

You are the weakest link . . . Bye-Bye ! ! ! (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
CD player here also, Yamaha CDC-905 you are the weakest link!

Far from awfull, just would prefer a possibly newer/ definitly better built & sounding "SINGLE" disc player. The old Yammi has digital out, but prefer the analog feed like many.

====>

Any recomedations on single disc CD-players to check into??

====>

SCAD and or DVD-A is not important at the moment. I'd rather wait to see which will come out the winning format in the end, thats if there is a final winner. We have DVD-A already in our Pioneer DV-656A, considered by some to be a poor mans elite. :b

CD player budget, max is 350.00 and used is an option, but not the prefered option.

Been so caught up in HT over the last couple years, 2-channel has fell to less than 50% of play time. Like to turn that around a bit like it used to be.

Thanks for any player recomedations

Geoff

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
I replaced my old Sony 200 disc jukebox with the 555ES earlier this year. I was blown away with the difference it made. Using it as a transport or using the internal DACs proved to be a big improvement in clarity, soundstage, & tightening up the bass.

Current system:

Denon 5803

Mits 55807 HDTV

Sony 555ES SACD

Denon DVD 3800 (just added)

Malata N96 DVD (Pal conversion & region free)

Dish 6000 HD receiver

Speakers - Definitive Technology

Mains BP 2004TL, Center CLR 2002, Surrounds BP 2X,

Rear Surrounds Yamaha bookshelfs.

Probably my speakers are the weakest link, but after auditioning a whole bunch of speakers in the 5-10k range the DTs aren't too shabby. Still want to upgrade though.

Todd

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I would have to say I have two weak links, my Toshiba 32 inch t.v., great picture but only S-Video, no high bandwith component video input, and the Pioneer DV-414 DVD player. Love to replace those with a Universal player and a 50 Inch Wide screen HD monitor. Can't really do it until the new basement is finished and the current one is turned into the kids play area.

Estevan Lapena

Stunt Coordinator
Weakest link would have to be my crappy ol' Zenith 27" T.V. How I hate it so. But soon enough a nice HS-20 or Z2 may come along and then the shame of the weakest link will be passed onto my 5.1 setup.

Take 5.2 and Denon AVR-1602 w/ Energy S8.2 weak ass sub.

DarrenAlan

Stunt Coordinator
How about the time available to watch DVDs?

My system has a lot of weak links but wifey's company just went under so will have to live with my system as is. But it suits us just fine!

-KEF Q series fronts & center

-Adire Audio Rava sub

-JBL N24 surrounds

-Panasonic 47WX49 RPTV, Gregg Loewen-calibrated

-Panny RP-91 DVD doubling as CDP

-Yamaha HTR-5150 A/V receiver (this is where I'd start first)

-Qudos Silver Anniversary biwire speaker cable to fronts

-DH Labs ICs and Blue Jeans Cable Canare component wires

Users who are viewing this thread