Yogi and Huckleberry is Coming!!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Paul Pro, May 25, 2004.

1. Paul Pro

Paul Pro Stunt Coordinator

TVShowsonDVD.com says to expect future Hanna Barberra collections to include Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound and Josie and the Pussycats!!

Wasn't a big fan of Josie but I'll definatly be picking the other too!

This is good news as it seems the Hanna Barbera collections are definaley popular enough to warrent more releases.

Let's see so far we have:

Flintstones S1
    Jetsons S1
    Scooby (entire original Series)
    Johnny Quest

Coming Soon:

Top Cat
    Wacky Races
    Tom and Jerry
    Flintstones S2

and NOW coming soon..

Yogi Bear
    Huckleberry Hound
    Josie and The Pussycats

This is great news for all animation fans as it seems as that ever since the Looney Tunes collection hit it big it sort of stared a whole new Cartoon on DVD Renaissance!!!

2. Paul Miller

Paul Miller Supporting Actor

I'm kind of curious how the schedule is going to go....

Top Cat, Wacky Races, Flintstones Season 2 are the next wave...

But the rest could go in any sort of order...

Tom & Jerry & Yogi Bear would seem to be more popular than Huckleberry Hound and Josie and Pussycats so you would think with all the hype that Tom & Jerry has already gotten on the DVD sets that it would be the lead in the next wave with either Huckleberry Hound or Josie & Pussycats, of course they have been promising that set for awhile now so who knows.

My guess would be something like Tom & Jerry & Huckleberry Hound and for Christmas Yogi Bear & Josie and the Pussycats.

While they are at it, if Yogi Bear is coming out for Christmas, they should think about also releasing the Christmas special on DVD because that is one of the better ones.

Paul

3. Yves Douville

Yves Douville Auditioning

So you expect all of these titles to be out be the end of the year?

That would be awsome!!!!
    I'm getting everything but Josie!!!

4. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

I will be getting them all if my wallet holds up.
    I'd like to see the release schedule as well.

5. Mick Tees

Mick Tees Second Unit

Hanna Barbera is really doing a nice job of releasing these sets. I purchased The Flintstones, Scooby-Doo, and The Jetsons. I love the collector cases (animation cel) that they come in.

Count me in for the purchase of many of the new ones on the way...

[​IMG]

...my poor wallet!

6. Blu

Blu Screenwriter

It is sets like these why I am enjoying TV on DVD more than movies on DVD!!!

I think that TV on DVD will becoming the main staple of DVD sales eventually!

7. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

I really hope these Yogi and Huckleberry sets are presented in their original broadcast context as complete package shows with accompanying character shorts. That's the only way to watch them and I'd be very dissapointed if the inbetween Pixie & Dixie, Hokey Wolf, Yakee Doodle, etc cartoons weren't included because I can't see Warners offering character sets of such minor supporting inbetween shorts on their own...

8. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

I agree but I'm pretty sure they will be. The sets released so far have been complete as the were shown(other than some PC editing on Johnny Quest).

9. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

I hope more Scooby stuff will be released soon. I especially want the TV-movies. [​IMG]

10. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    After these, what are more likely releases from the library? With Wacky Races coming, does that open the door for Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines and The Perils of Penelope Pitstop? How about Amazing Chan Clan, given the wealth of airtime it gets on Boomerang one would think it super popular. Secret Squirrel, Atom Ant,The New Scooby-Doo Movies,Clue Club and Devlin are tops on my want list but how do they hold up in popularity and likelyhood.

11. Sean.S

Sean.S Stunt Coordinator

Wacky Races and Josie and the Pussycats are awesome picks. Yogi Bear is great too. Personally, I would like to have all of these (with the possible exception of Johnny Quest), but Wacky Races and Josie and the Pussycats are very rarely aired and also two of my favorite classic toons. Yogi Bear I got hooked on via a Boomerang marathon.

12. Jaime_Weinman

Jaime_Weinman Supporting Actor

The early stuff -- Huckleberry Hound, Yogi Bear -- is by far the best of Hanna-Barbera, because the animation was better than their later stuff (still limited, but with some sense of characterization and acting in the drawings), and because they were mostly written by two of the best writers from Warner Brothers cartoons, Mike Maltese and Warren Foster. Foster did most of the Yogi and early Flintstones cartoons, while I think Maltese did all the early Snagglepuss cartoons, "Wacky Races," and some others. Their stuff wasn't as good as the 20+ years of writing they did for Warners (Maltese wrote the Road Runner cartoons and he recycled a lot of the gags for "Wacky Races"), but they were obviously way above the level of the people who wrote "Scooby Doo" or Josie or the later Flintstones episodes.

13. florence franks

florence franks Stunt Coordinator

Wow fantastic!

What do we have left?

I hope they do the other half hour scooby that was the only other one that seemed to have abit of the magic of the first series. I think it was called The Scooby Doo Show ? It had 3 seasons I believe but some hour long version I think ran few years before this but I did not over all care for that one as much.
    I wish I didnt have such unusual tastes otherwise I think there be chance at Smurfs and Snorks DVD sets as well.

14. Nathan*W

Nathan*W Screenwriter

Nathan
    [​IMG]
    I'm your Huckleberry.

15. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

I want Snagglepuss. Exit, stage right.

16. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

I'm in for a lot of these, Yogi, Huckleberry, Top Cat, Wacky Races...all awesome. More Flintstones and Scobby Doo are always a good thing also.

I doubt that other than Flintstones S2, Top Cat and Wacky Races that we'll get anymore before the year is out.

17. Paul Miller

Paul Miller Supporting Actor

Does anyone have any idea when the next wave will be? They seemed to be on a schedule of a wave every three months and while I didn't expect that to continue, I thought they would have announce the date for the next wave by now.

Paul

18. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

No one knows what the official release pattern will be yet since it hasn't been announced yet but they 1st announced:

Top Cat
    Flinstones: Season 2
    Wacky Races

and then:

Yogi Bear
    Huckleberry Hound
    Josie and the Pussycats

So we can assume those are the next 2 waves. I hope they both make it this year but with Tom and Jerry and another Looney Toons also coming from Warner its more likely that we will only get the 1st group this year. Still a great time to be a Hanna Barbera fan.

19. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

This is great news. I like Yogi, Huckleberry Hound & Josie & The Pussycats & I will be buying them when they come to DVD but only if released in season format or a complete episode collection.

20. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory