What's new

Yoda's theme and The Talk of the Town (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Okay, I noticed this years ago but had forgotten about it until it was mentioned in DVDFile's review of the just-released The Talk of the Town dvd...

Yoda's theme, written by John Williams for the Star Wars films, bears a striking resemblance to parts of the score from TTOTT, written by Frederick Hollander.

So what's up with that? Since there are similarities between the characters of Yoda and Michael Lightcap, could it be an homage? Or is it a bit of unconscious cribbing by Williams? Or sheer coincidence?

Where's Agee when ya need him? :)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Where's Agee when ya need him? :)
Shhh, quiet, you'll wake him up.

Five bucks says it's derivative of so and so. Knowing that guy, he'll probably find a way to trace it back to The Great Train Robbery. :)

Seriously, I have no clue. I'll let you know when I find something.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Five bucks says it's derivative of so and so. Knowing that guy, he'll probably find a way to trace it back to The Great Train Robbery.
:D

Well, I wouldn't have brought it up, but it's very noticeable - the motif in question from TTOTT sounds exactly like Yoda's theme. I don't pay as much attention to film scores as I should, but this is something I picked up on immediately. Just curious to hear the thoughts of others, especially Agee, our resident film score expert. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks