What's new

YMDB.com - Fun for Movie Nerds (1 Viewer)

John Randolph

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm. Let's see, based on your list I guess these are the stages of movie development:

Stage 1 - little kiddie fare

Stage 2 - Current mainstream films that all other kids your age like

Stage 3 - A mixture of some current blockbuster tripe and the beginning of an appreciation for a few older films.

Stage 4 - Appreciation even for silent and foreign films.

Stage 5 - Lots of foreign films, some really good American films (Godfather, Third Man, etc.) and some really bad American films (e.g., Do the Right Thing)

Stage 6 - Taste finally matures fully, with appreciation of films by Hitchcock, Wilder, Speilberg, Welles, etc.

You're obviously only in Stage 5 (which is pretty good for 14), but you'll make it to Stage 6.
I really like Spielberg and many of his films JUST missed my list. I have to admit, I'm not much of a Hitchcock fan. I've seen Citizen Kane and highly admire it, but I wasn't fascinated by the story like I am with most classics. I haven't gotten around to seeing any Wilder films, but I am highly interested in seeing Sunset Boulevard.

Ike

Screenwriter
Here's mine.

I must say that I feel I'm in no expert position to be doing top 20 lists, as there are many films I've yet to see. It's all subject to change as I see more, I guess.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
After seeing your posts in Thread Killer I dreaded seeing your top 20 Ike, but was pleasantly surpised to see your number one, and a few others I recognised.;)

Arman

Screenwriter
Wow, Radio Inside (1994, A+), my # 4 favorite movie of all-time is not in it's database yet. I'm the first who included it any list thus far. :) No online store in the US is selling the movie in DVD. I saw one from Australia which is Region 4 (my DVD player can't play it). Am I the only one who had seen this film?

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Here's mine: http://www.ymdb.com/user_top20_view.asp?usersid=4638

You'll notice that I haven't included any of the Star Wars, Star Trek, or Indiana Jones films on the list, as I just can't be objective about them :)

And the list is kind of in order, but once you get past the top 10 or so, I might like any one of them better than any other on any given day.

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Hmm. Let's see, based on your list I guess these are the stages of movie development:
Feh. I hate when people do that sort of thing.

Anyways, I'm taking a look at the page, and doubt I'll be able to pick 20. But I'll think about it.

Added:

http://www.ymdb.com/user_top20_view.asp?usersid=5951

Not entirely in order, more like tiered. An interesting idea, but it's a bit tilted obviously towards the films seen more often. I haven't seen many films created pre-1980 yet. There were a number which I wanted to add but couldn't quite put in there, and a couple which I wasn't entirely sure if they were in the my top 20 or top 30. Ah well. Doesn't matter much. Hmm. I don't even know if the people I'm similar to are on here. *L* Only 33% anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks