What's new

YMDB.com - Fun for Movie Nerds (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
So, now a member with plenty of time on his hands could add all the top 20's of all the HTF members participating in the YMDB onto a database, click on 'sort' and find out which films we have chosen the most times, and which film was named number one the most, great idea eh? ok than who's up for this? [sound of pin dropping] eh? Think of it as fun homework! [tumbleweed rolling by] Aaaah fogedit! [sulks]
;)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Naah I'm too busy thinking up these silly ideas!:)
Goodtimes eh? Whats so good... hey I remember you now! The threadfarter in that Star Trek thread, who couldn't spell triblets tribbles! ;)

ps. I see your top 20 is bereft of Star Trek titles... good list though... hey that's Shawn Coghill's top 20!

DaveGR

Stunt Coordinator
hey yeah that was me,I didnt notice it was you,thanks,but my name is Dave.isnt that what it said?

DaveGR

Stunt Coordinator
HOLY CRAP FIRE,,No Doubt,,Im sure he can tell you when Y is a vowel in the Klingon language too. hehe :)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
My list is up. Check my sig.

I wonder if anyone will have any kind of affinity with my list? :D

Of course, my list is subject to change.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member

Hmm. Let's see, based on your list I guess these are the stages of movie development:

Stage 1 - little kiddie fare

Stage 2 - Current mainstream films that all other kids your age like

Stage 3 - A mixture of some current blockbuster tripe and the beginning of an appreciation for a few older films.

Stage 4 - Appreciation even for silent and foreign films.

Stage 5 - Lots of foreign films, some really good American films (Godfather, Third Man, etc.) and some really bad American films (e.g., Do the Right Thing)

Stage 6 - Taste finally matures fully, with appreciation of films by Hitchcock, Wilder, Speilberg, Welles, etc.

You're obviously only in Stage 5 (which is pretty good for 14), but you'll make it to Stage 6.

:) :)

Arman

Screenwriter
In my YMDB.com Top 20 link, I changed it to (below is my Top 20 Greatest Films of All-Time v1.0) ->

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks