Yippy Skippy, new Toy yeahhh

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Allen Ross, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Allen Ross

Allen Ross Supporting Actor

Well as i have mentioned before. I was going to invest in a router table, and not a bench top either, i wanted a full on router table that will be able to take anything i throw at it, so i did some research and was looking at Woodcrafts table line, and Bench Dog seemed to have really nice set up, more like a full on shaper then a router table, and lastly i saw Rockler.com line of tables, the basic seems really nice, but i still wanted more, so invested in the Master-R-Lift table with the pine legs and dust port. The price was just a little high for my blood, but i got an email from rockler and they had 15% of everything, except power tools. So i did the math and i could squeak it in, so i did it.

It arrived at my house this past monday, after being back ordered for about 3 weeks, [​IMG] but i now have it and can finish up my Pi loud speakers and my Audio Rack that i have been slowly been plunking away at all summer. So i broke out my lock miter bit and gave it ago, i initially tried to take one pass, but it was putting too much of a strain of my Porter Clabe 690 so i made three passes per cut, moving the fence back ever so slightly, i got no burning and the joints seem flawless, I just did my Audio rack so far and i need to pick up mounting hardware tomorrow, so i can finish that one and then get my Pi's done.

Well i just wanted to share in the good news and here are some pics

http://homepage.mac.com/alrossnin/PhotoAlbum55.html

2. Brett DiMichele

Brett DiMichele Producer

Yeah yeah you suck! [​IMG]

That is GORGEOUS! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Okay now where is the "green with envy" emoticon when you
    need it! LOL

3. Allen Ross

hehehe, now if i wasn't working a 60 hour week next week (no days off) so i could finish my projects

4. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

That anodized blue looks awesome! You lucky bastard. [​IMG] I neither have the funds nor the room for something that nice... I have to borrow my dad's old Craftsman. [​IMG]

5. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

I've had that same router table for a year or so now. I really do like it. I have some sort of aftermarket router raiser that I bought at a woodworking show but have just never gotten around to installing it. I guess I should do that sometime soon.

Congrats![​IMG]

6. Allen Ross

theres a jig that you can buy from rockler that will make a cut out for the master-r-lift. if i had more time i could have actually constructed it but seeing i have none, i opeted to buy it, next stop, JET table saw [​IMG]

There nothing excessive like excess

7. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

All I have to do is drill a hole in the mounting plate and then modify my router and then I'll be set. I just haven't taken the time to do it.