What's new

Yippee, Tosh XS34 up and running! (1 Viewer)

wally

Second Unit
Just received the Toshiba XS34 last night. Only had about an hour to play, but I was able to play a prerecorded DVD, record/play to/from the HDD, and DVD-RAM. Build and picture quality look good. I currently have it hooked to a 20” Sony WEGA in our bedroom.

I’ve never had a DVD Recorder or TIVO type unit, and who knows this gushing might turn to fits of frustration in a month or so, but this is the coolest thing I’ve seen in a while. I think we will use it a lot and can’t wait to start dubbing some of my DV tapes to DVD using the 1394 input.

Brad Newton

Second Unit
Does the fan run continuoulsy? I have read that it does. If so, how loud is it? I was considering this unit until I read about the fan........ What color is your unit? I have seen this unit advertised in black.

wally

Second Unit
Yes, the fan does run continuously. Honestly, that was a concern for me as well. We are continuing work on our basement (the 34’s final resting place) so I’ve got it hooked up in our bedroom (easier to get to connections!) and the sound of the air coming off our ceiling fan was louder than the Tosh. I had to get very close to hear it (ear a foot or so away). If it has the features you are looking for, like it did for me, I wouldn’t let the fan noise scare you away. Mine is silver, a good looking unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks