Yet another - What is this movie?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ross Williams, Nov 30, 2001.

1. Ross Williams

Ross Williams Supporting Actor

Sci-fi/Horror film set in a post-apocalyptic future. Guy salvages some machinery from the desert and brings it home. It happens to be some sort of robotic/A.I. machine, it starts to reassemble itself and then attacks the guys girlfriend. I think that's how it went.

Anybody?

2. Steve Enemark

Steve Enemark Second Unit

Sounds like HARDWARE to me. Did the movie look like it was filmed through a glass of Tang?

3. Bill McA

Bill McA Producer

Definitely Richard Stanley's 1990 film, Hardware

4. Ross Williams

Ross Williams Supporting Actor

Yeah that's the one, thanks guys. Any comments about it? It's been at least 7 or 8 years since I've seen it. At the time I really enjoyed it, but I was a teen who loved just about anything sci-fi or horror, and it had both! I'm figuring I probably won't like it anymore, except for maybe the cheese value.

5. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

You're hearing from someone who saw it at the same age and still loves it at 26. It has some remarkably efficient scenes, both in the action/horror as well as artistically. The soundtrack is excellent, and there is some subtext in the storyline and the character behaviour that I really enjoy.
    I used to have an extensive tape collection that I've since gotten rid of. The two tapes I kept are Hardware and The People Under the Stairs. And they still get played on occasion.
    Give it a shot. I still love it.