What's new

Yet another - What is this movie? (1 Viewer)

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
Sci-fi/Horror film set in a post-apocalyptic future. Guy salvages some machinery from the desert and brings it home. It happens to be some sort of robotic/A.I. machine, it starts to reassemble itself and then attacks the guys girlfriend. I think that's how it went.

Anybody?

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
Yeah that's the one, thanks guys. Any comments about it? It's been at least 7 or 8 years since I've seen it. At the time I really enjoyed it, but I was a teen who loved just about anything sci-fi or horror, and it had both! I'm figuring I probably won't like it anymore, except for maybe the cheese value.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
You're hearing from someone who saw it at the same age and still loves it at 26. It has some remarkably efficient scenes, both in the action/horror as well as artistically. The soundtrack is excellent, and there is some subtext in the storyline and the character behaviour that I really enjoy.
I used to have an extensive tape collection that I've since gotten rid of. The two tapes I kept are Hardware and The People Under the Stairs. And they still get played on occasion.
Give it a shot. I still love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks