Yet another version of Vivaldi's Four Seasons coming to SACD! This is huge!

Discussion in 'Music' started by robertLP, Jun 7, 2005.

1. robertLP

robertLP Stunt Coordinator

2. Marc Colella

Marc Colella Cinematographer

Finally! I was waiting for Vivaldi's Four Seasons to come out on SACD! [​IMG]

Using sa-cd.net as a reference, this will be the 13th Vivaldi: Four Seasons SACD available.

They should put special spine numbers on each of these discs - so it'll be more collectable.

3. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    I'm waiting for a version that includes the rarely heard and mysterious Fifth Season. [​IMG]

4. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

I remember a while back that there was a recording of the Four Seasons that had Patrick Stewart narrating some accompanying poetry that was written for the music. I tried to find a CD of it everywhere I looked but kept coming up empty. Does anyone have this CD, and is it still in print?

5. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

You need to search better, Bill. [​IMG] The second result in a Google search for "four seasons" "patrick stewart" vivaldi is the following, where the customer reviews indicate that this is what you're looking for:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...81714?v=glance

6. andrew markworthy

Many a true word spoken in jest. The Four Seasons are taken from a larger collection of music called The Trial Between Haromony and Invention. I wish that instead of just releaseing the FS more versions of the complete opus (which could comfortably sit on a 2 disc set) were made available.

Alternatively, I'd love to hear the FS played in two versions - one stressing the harmony, the other the invention. Basically, throughout the pieces there are musical 'sound effects'(barking dogs, etc). If you choose to emphasise these, then the pieces sound far less smooth than the rather glossy modern interpretations which stress the harmony that most people are used to.

7. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

Cool... thanks, Thomas!

8. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Interesting to know, Andrew!