Yet another stupid lawsuit

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Chris Moe, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Chris Moe

Chris Moe Screenwriter

2. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I don't think that's all that stupid. Maximas are a very easy target and their headlights get stolen very frequently. Did nissan fail to alert consumers because they didn't want to sent out the kits? or were dealers not telling customers about the kits because they like selling headlights at something like 500 bucks a pop?

3. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

There is no merit to this case whatsoever. Since when does a manufacturer have a responsibility to make customers aware of the fact that their product is highly desirable to thieves?

4. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

If it's considered a safety issue, which I think it could be, the same responsibility they do to alert consumers of recalls and service bullatins.
    If NNA knows the problem is bad enough to require an immediate remedy, I think it should be considered a recall.
    I'd be pretty pissed too if I was out a thousand bucks for headlights because nissan didn't tell me they had a security fix, we'll have to see what the courts decide I guess.

5. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

That's like saying you'd be pissed if your car was stolen because you didn't have a "security fix" (an alarm).

6. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Warning: Driving this car VERY fast at pedestrians can cause serious injury!!!!!

DON'T BUY THAT CAR!!!!!!! [​IMG]

7. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

So what, 1 car gets stolen for lets say every 200 pair of headlights, and that's a valid comparison?
    Is the dealer offering a free alarm? if the answer is yes, then I would be pissed.