What's new

Yet Another Stupid Lawsuit (1 Viewer)

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Give me an FN break.( no pun intended) Maybe I should sue Jordans Funiture for selling me the end table that I keep stubbing my toe on.

This is just aweful that our country has come to this.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter

Why bother? After shyster , I mean, lawyer fees, even if she wins, there will hardly be enough left to buy beer & cigarettes, much less a new pickup and a big screen TV.

Maybe that's why hubby is sueing as well. Personally, I just would have made the suit for $10,000,000 and dropped those canned goods on my foot until it was black & blue.

The education system in this country is not doing it's job , allowing poor people like this to leave school while still ignorant of basic economic and litigation skills.

SteveA

Supporting Actor
The sad part is she will probably win, or more likely, Wal-Mart will pay a settlement without admitting fault so the woman will go away.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Bah...why take personal responsibility for your actions when you can sue someone for fun and profit?

You and me both Mike! :laugh: That's why I didn't quote that section!

That reminds me... I think I need to file a suit against my landscaping contractors. I mean, I tripped on a rock! I could have been killed! Those bastards! I figure 100,000 for pain and suffering should do it...

;)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Oh man! I slipped and fell on a patch of ice at a gas station the other day. Filing a lawsuit never even crossed my mind. What's wrong with me!?

Oh yeah, it's winter in Vermont, there's ice everywhere, and I should have paid closer attention to where I was walking. Personal responsibility for one's own actions. Imagine that.

My knee still hurts, though. :frowning:

Tommy G

Screenwriter
There goes the $5.99 bin. It's going to go up now to $7.99 to make up the cost.

Brett_H

Second Unit
I don't like Wal-Mart, but for once I'd enjoy seeing them extend their muscle on these tools. Let the case go to court and bleed these people dry. Couldn't cost WM too much, and it might deter like minded tools from filing these suits in the future... these types of suits will never go away as long as every numbnuts out there knows that all they have to do is sue and Mr. BigCorp will settle the case rather than go to trial.

-Brett.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
You think all the TV watching, he could at least get the quote right. I mean, sheesh...

I see... dumb people.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I agree that the lawsuit is insane.

But I really do wish stores would use slightly stronger plastic bags.

:laugh:

3 computers and a lifetime of free internet huh? Sounds like they are hard at work to shed those pounds :D

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
Personally, without getting to political here, I think many of these lawsuits wouldn't have happened if the companies weren't so eager to settle out of court. They should say "no settlement", take it to court and remember that there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Maybe I'm stating the obvious... :)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
The problem is that "taking it to court" is often far more costly than paying someone to go away - which is what these morons count on. Every so often it does make sense to make an example of someone, and highly publicized suits like this are a good example. Also courts sometimes exercise the common sense these plaintiffs so sadly lack and dismiss the suits out of hand as frivolous and a waste of court's time. I think that would be a better solution to this sort of things - judges with guts and appellate courts with the sense to let their decisions stand.

I love how it is the cable company's fault for not turning off the service. I suppose those TVs didn't have "on/off" switches, or plugs that could be disconnected, and all of them were embedded in concrete so they couldn't be sold or given away. And the TV made the children lazy. It isn't that lazy children prefer to watch TV. (What the hell's wrong with Daddy - he couldn't shut the thing off and make the kids go for a walk?)

*sigh*

Regards,

Joe

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
yeah, and since the lady's husband is suing even though he wasnt hurt at all, i want a part of your landscaping lawsuit. i may as well sue the htf too, after all, they MADE me read this post. also, everyone who reads this post, consider yourself sued.

CJ

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I can maybe understand if she just sued for medical charges to fix up all the injuries if they were really that bad, but anything beyond that is just wrong.

wally

Second Unit

Wal-Mart guy must be a foot fetishist :D

I know this is a stupid thing to do in this case, but, I assume he wasn’t paying Charter during those 4 years. How did he get 4 years of free cable???

Those guys shut you off if you’re 4 hours late with payment. Wonder if he ever got any PPV?

I think the cable guy is threatening a small claims action so he is most likely representing himself, but the plaintiff’s attorney in the Wal-Mart action should be disbarred for bringing this kind of dung.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
So.... the handle tore and the bottom of the bag gave way at the exact same time. At which point each and every one of the seven items in the bag managed to find the right ankle, foot and toes of the plaintiff.

This must be the most unlucky woman alive. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks