What's new

Directors Yet Another Screenshot Challenge (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I had been planning on doing one of these again. After all it's been at least a couple years. With Jon Are's challenge coming to an end, I am ready to issue the advance warning.

Jon's challenge ends Saturday 2/3, so I guess I'll start on Monday 2/5.

Here's how it will work...

Submit your guesses by personal message. Be specific when you give the title.

I will post an image (probably) every day when I get around to it. That may be in the morning, afternoon or evening, but I will always allow at least 24 hours (Well, 23 and change) to answer. I will have to skip at least one day on 2/27. Hopefully the contest won't just end on that miserable day. I'm not going into that though. If I'm still alive, it should continue a day or two later.

Going along with the current trend of second chances, I will be revealing two shots from each movie. Correct answers submitted before the second shot is posted are worth 2 points, unless only one person gets it, then it is worth 3 points. Correct answers after the second shot is posted are worth 1 point. You can change your guess after the second image is posted. Only the second guess will count, though.

The second shot won't necessarily be any easier than the first. Sometimes it will, sometimes it won't, but the combination of the two should make it easier.

At least one shot from each movie will be selected because I think it is cool looking. I can't always find a suitable second shot, so that one may just suck.

I reserve the right to dock points for being a pain, or having the initials GK. Kidding. Maybe.

Anyone who Googles is a Nancy-boy, or something equivalent.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
This is just a trial run to see how the images show up and to see how large I want to make them. Don't send me a PM saying which movie it is because it is Cinema Paradiso.

No, they won't be this easy. I'm just getting things set.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Yes! Actually, Rick and Ilsa don't kiss during that scene in Casablanca. Don't think the censors would've approved especially with the woman's husband looking on. :D

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
OK, Jon's challenge is over, so this one will start sometime this coming Monday.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
OK, I'm going to go ahead and start. I have changed a couple things...

I will post images when I get around to it, but they will almost always be every day.

I will always allow at least 24 (well, 23 and change) hours between images.

Be Specific with your answers.

Send your answer, with the Screenshot Number to my PM.

Don't spoil the contest. Save any references to the movie or other giveaways until after it is revealed.

Here we go...

Screenshot #1

Have fun...

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Jon Are asked if you can change your guess after the second shot is posted, and yes you can. I forgot to spell that out. Only the second guess will count though. If the first guess happens to be right and you change it after the second image, you get nothing!!. :P

Also, I don't mean to scare people off from all discussion, just please don't discuss anything that might give away the current movie. Most of you know I have issues with that. A little discussion helps keep the thread floating on the sea of Director's checklists.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
This is one of those ones where I really feel like I've seen it before, but the only movie that comes to mind doesn't fit. :frowning:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
OK, time for the second chance image...

Send your guesses to me by PM. Correct answers are now worth 1 point.

Screenshot #1b

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have to say, I am surprised how many people around here obviously know what movies I like. I can tell from the guesses, or at least it seems that way.

Keep the guesses coming in.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Screenshot #1 Answer: Hamlet (2000)

Apparently a lot of people thought that was the lovely Kate Winslet in the first image, but it was actually the lovely Julia Stiles as the ill fated Ophelia. I picked the first shot because it looks neat, and the second shot because it is the actualization of the premonition from the first. Adam S must be kicking himself for getting the wrong Shakespearean adaptation. No, that is no John Lequizamo in the second shot.

Correct Answers: none

Other anwers:
Titanic
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
(2)
The Big Blue
The Man in the Moon
(?)
Romeo + Juliet (Luhrmann)

and then there are Kissinger's guesses, including...
Let's Gangbang Your Mom 4
"Something with Reese in it"
and finally, Yentl.

I didn't think it would be that difficult.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Screenshot #2

Yeah, I know the image is vague, but I think someone will get this one.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Hamlet? Balls! I actually saw that one not too long ago and thought the second shot was familiar. Couldn't place the first one though.

This new shot is a bit difficult. So many "big sky" movies to choose from!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks