1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Yet another reason to own a console...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AlexJ, Sep 9, 2003.

1. AlexJ

AlexJ Agent

I have a kick-ass PC. But it's looking forward to games like Spawn (http://www.namco.com/games/spawn) that make me glad I went ahead and got my console. Console-owners, let's celebrate our console sensibility & list any console-only game that makes you proud to be a console owner!

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Any Nintendo first-party title. My favorite three games of all time are, in no particular order, Super Mario Kart (SNES), Super Mario Brothers 3 and Super Mario 64.

Now, I'll admit, Joust would be in that list, but I think it may be available on the PC. Take a look at a GREAT compilation disc for Xbox/GameCube/PS2 called the Midway Arcade Treasures! It includes the following

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

KI is Rare's now. No chance of it being on the GameCube, and the arcade is just as unlikely. Though the creation of a new KI is in itself unlikely...

Anywho, I'd have to say pretty much most of my N64/SNES/NES games, along with all my PSX RPGs have made consoles worth it. I don't have the time to type out each game.

4. Keith Frederick

Keith Frederick Stunt Coordinator

I gotta say "any metroid game." Not just the 2d ones either. There is no game like Metroid Prime on the PC, despite the fact that it is first-person.

5. Scott Van Dyke

Scott Van Dyke Supporting Actor

Kyle,

Thanks for the heads-up on the classics disk. This is great news. I can't wait to play smash T.V. without having $5 in quarters in my pocket. [​IMG]

6. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

7. AlexJ

AlexJ Agent

That was a good idea by Midway to put out a classic games bundle like that. I thought it was a great idea on Namco's part to redo a Spawn game and also to make Spawn an extra fighter in Soul Calibur 2. (I'm a Spawn fan if you can't tell already! [​IMG] )

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/...1152003_03.jpg

8. AlexJ

AlexJ Agent

Awwwwwww!!! I was so proud of that Spawn sig, too!

9. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I think it's just a wee bit too big. There is a limit to the size, AFAIK.

10. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

I hate to break it to you guys, but the buzz on this new Spawn game has been pretty negative from all the gaming magazines and websites.

11. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

I'm also looking forward to the Midway Treasures disc, although I haven't seen a definitive list of what is going to be on it yet. The list above is incomplete since the same preview already mentioned Moon Patrol and Root Beer Tapper. There are several other games that have been included on previous Midway PS1 discs that I hope will eventually make it before the release such as Burgertime.

12. DeanWalsh

DeanWalsh Second Unit

Yeah the Spawn game looks a little to Soul Reaver-ish for my liking...