Yet another plea for receiver help

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Bob C, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Bob C

Bob C Extra

I know, another noob with questions on receivers! Here goes, my Sony STRDE-965 finally has outlived it's usefullness, the display has stopped working. I know, most people look down on the DE series, probably for good reason, but I was young,impressionable, yada yada yada. I have been looking in the $500 range at a few receivers, the Denon 1804, Integra 5.4, H&K 230, and 325, as well as the Yamaha HTR 5650. I currently have KEF Q55 front speakers, Bose center, and Energy rears in a 5.1 config with an Infinity 100w sub. I mainly use the system for movie viewing with some occasional jazz, country, classic rock thrown in. What should I look for in a receiver in this class? I know I want on screen display, clean sound,decent punch with movies, video conversion from composite to s-video would also be nice, but not critical. I have a Sony 32" tv with two video inputs, one composite, one both s-video and composite. I use a sattellite dish, dvd player, and rarely, vhs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way, the room is appx 10x20, standard family room fair, nothing unusual. Thanks again. Bob.

2. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter