What's new

Yet another HT Pic page.. (1 Viewer)

Danny Owens

Agent
Be kind, it's my first attempt at making any kind of web page. I can program multi million dollar production machinery but I have no clue regarding programming for the web experience. :).
Danny
My HT
------------------
"In an insane world, the sane appear to be the insane"

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Very nice, Danny!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
I especially like the TV. Nice receiver too. Congratulations on a great set-up. The web site is well laid out too.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
It's Sony ES and the Delicate Balance of Power.

Jeff_Krueger

Stunt Coordinator
Nice set up!
I like the way you did your speaker stands for the surounds, you know what would look cool especially with them standing next the fish tank is to put some kind of low volatge lighting on the back edge of the plexi, would give it a sweet edge lit look on the fron part.
By the way nice media rack did you purchase that somewhere or have it made, because I'm looking for something similar for my grwing collection.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
nice set up,what i really want to know is what is in the tank.looks like a 55 gallon?
------------------
#3 rest in peace Dale #3

Danny Owens

Agent
Keith,
Thanks
Jeff,
Good idea about backlighting. I think I'll give it a try.
The shelves came from a local CD/DVD store. I'll be going by there this weekend; I'll see who the manufacturer is and let you know.
Mickey,
All I did was flip the center unit on its backside and screwed (3) 12" x 36" x 3/4" shelves (one on top of the other)on the bottom side. The recessed area (created by the bottom fir strips) just so happens to be 2 1/4" deep. By doing so, I spread out the weight distribution over an area of 12x36 instead of just the fir strips taking the weight. The weight of the TV sould have probably caused the center to droop a bit otherwise.
Chad,
Yea it's 55gal. I use it to test my fishing lures. :)
Danny
------------------
My HT

Mickey Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Danny. Love the setup.
My 36" Wega is coming Wednesday. I too am worried about the middle shelf bowing because of the weight. Any chance you can get a close up picture of the shelves on the site? Or email them to me @ [email protected]?
I can't quite make them out on the current homepage.

Danny Owens

Agent
Michael,
Funny you should mention that. I have a couple of door wedges sitting behind the center and will occasionally put them in to tilt it down if the dialog of a movie seems buried.
Mickey,
I don't think I explained that well. The shelving is not visible. They are under the bottom most shelf. The one the the DVD player sits on. I laid down the center section so I could see the bottom of the DVD player's shelf and mounted the 12x36x3/4" strips to the bottom of that shelf and then stood it back up. The shelves that hold the receiver and DVD are supported by 2 verticles. Those verticles run from the top of the DVD shelf to the bottom of the TV shelf; so now, those two verticles direct the force from the TV straight down to the DVD shelf and then through to the 3 pieces of wood which displace it over 3 square feet. At the front bottom of the center section, where the entertainment center meets the floor, ther is a piece of moulding (which I earlier referred to as a fir strip) it is directly behind that moulding where the 2-1/2" cavity is.
If you still have a question, I'll draw it up in AutoCAD and send the drawing to you in an image file. Unless you have AutoCAD??
Danny
------------------
My HT

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
I'd have to say that is one of te nicest "traditional" setups I have see in a long time. It looks very classy.
How do you find the EQ for all the speakers, is it hard to setup?, and how do you like the difference whith the balanced sound?
I like the addtion of the fish tank as well, that issomething I might venture into the summer when my room configuration changes and I have more room.
Again, very nice setup.
------------------
Oops...I dropped my eardrums
could you pick them up for
me

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Great job on the HT set-up..The room definately looks to be very clean. Never seen so many EQ's in one unit,,talk about control :).
A fish tank is also nice furniture or decoration in the HT room IMHO.
icon14.gif

------------------
Trevor
shellshock2.gif

Link Removed

Danny Owens

Agent
Jeff,
The manufacturer of the DVD/CD rack is Leslie Dame. You can do a search on Lycos for their web page; they are listed as one of Lycos' online stores. They have a large selection of all types of media storage.
Ryan,
The eq's were very easy to set up. I was in pro audio for years and mixed for some very well known national acts from the late 80's to the early 90's; such as: Reo Speedwagon, Warrant, Twisted Sister ect, ect. As such, I am very familiar with eq's and setting them up. I would have much rather used a bunch of Klark Technics or Urei, but didn't want to spend the money. Besides, I used a Crown pink noise generator/rta to set up the reference curves and got very close. 31 band (1/3 octave eq's would have been much better, but again, I got very close to flat with the Onkyo's. I don't know why so many people have a problem with using eq's, I would never think about using any system without them.
Danny
------------------
My HT

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
Danny, what more can I say but WOW. Your setup looks so great and inviting. It almost makes me feel like upgrading something
biggrin.gif

------------------
Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry.
hulk.jpg
3EMS Hometheater

Gary W. Graley

Second Unit
Very nice set up, truly! and I like the way you have the DVD collection so easy to reference and locate! Is that of your own making or is it an available database created for movie listings?
G2
------------------
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious……

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks