What's new

Yet another home theater page. (1 Viewer)

Eugene Hsieh

Supporting Actor
The 510 does fine in terms of power. The 1080VR's numbers are into 6 Ohms if memory serves.
P.S. If you haven't guessed, the Studio/60 speakers are shielded.
------------------
Eugene Hsieh, VisorCentral FAQ Editor
1000 km on a tank of gas??? Check out the Prius and drive the future now!
Check out my switched Dual Boot DVD Player Hack.

EGM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Galen
Eugene,
Nice set-up...looks alot like mine used to...(read below)
"Very very nice Eugene. I like the style. Looks European. "
James,
Unless I miss my guess, it is European, that's IKEA Bonde line furniture. I have the same TV cabinet. :)
It used to house my Toshiba CN36X81, until the service guy killed it. Now I have a 56H80 being delivered tomorrow as a replacement and have to sell the furniture. The sacrifices we have to make... :)
GM
[Edited last by Galen Munroe on August 28, 2001 at 09:23 AM]

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
How do you find the M7's for use with surround in movies? I was thinking of buying either a second pair, buying M11's or mvoing up to the S60's for mains and using a pair of M7's as surrounds. How do the fair with your setup?
------------------
Oops, I dropped my eardrums.
Could you pick them up for me?

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Eugene:
Nice setup ... love the TV.
The lighting adds a "warm" feel to the room. Very cool.
Aurel
------------------
RIGHT ... CHEERS!
The Hole

Eugene Hsieh

Supporting Actor
Thanks people. :)
quote: Unless I miss my guess, it is European, that's IKEA Bondo line furniture. I have the same TV cabinet.[/quote]Heheh. Yep, Bonde. In fact about 90% of that room is Ikea. Furthermore I couldn't find a coffee table that was appropriately sized and designed for that area at Ikea or any other store, without going for a $$$$ custom build. So I bought an Ikea children's table and sawed off 5" from the legs. Looks fine. :) The walls still need to be painted though.
quote: How do you find the M7's for use with surround in movies? I was thinking of buying either a second pair, buying M11's or mvoing up to the S60's for mains and using a pair of M7's as surrounds. How do the fair with your setup?[/quote]Well, two caveats. First, I prefer direct front firing speakers for my surrounds over dipoles and bipoles. The sound isn't as "enveloping" as di/bipoles, but it's better for music I think. Second, my corner placement of one speaker isn't ideal, but it's OK. I definitely prefer "large" speakers as the surrounds, but I haven't yet fully calibrated the sub with the equalizer (which just arrived).
I've never demo'd the M11, but I much prefer the M7 over the M9 at least in the small-medium sized rooms I was in. The S60 is much better than the M7 though, if you can spare the dough esp. with the tightness of the bass. My faves are the S40 if you have flexibility in speaker placement (which I didn't). And remember that none of these speakers are shielded so you'll have to pay extra for that if you're going to have them near the TV.
P.S. I forgot to mention that yes, I am using rabbit ears.
wink.gif
The quality for me is MUCH better than cable. I have an unobstructed view of the CN Tower so over-the-air comes in ultra strong.
------------------
Check out my switched Dual Boot DVD Player Hack .
[Edited last by Eugene Hsieh on August 28, 2001 at 09:36 AM]

Tor Arne

Stunt Coordinator
Very nice. Nicely matching furniture. I recognise the IKEA furniture. :) I use their catalogue a lot. I love the way you have lit only a few of the "cubicles".
Sweet. Now check out mine. Only one picture though, but that's because I don't have matching furniture yet. :)
------------------
Picture of my setup so far:
http://tahustvedt.homestead.com/files/stereo01.jpg

Eugene Hsieh

Supporting Actor
Sweet. Now check out mine. Only one picture though, but that's because I don't have matching furniture yet.
Nice place... I wish I had that much space. I see you're also a proud RP91 owner too. :)
------------------
Check out my switched Dual Boot DVD Player Hack.

Tor Arne

Stunt Coordinator
It's a Denon DVD-2800. :) Not mine, I'm borrowing it from the shop untill they get new ones in stock, it's a demo-unit with many bugs. My living room is shaped as a large L. The part whre I have my HT is about 6,5x4,5m so it's big enough to place the speakers just as I like them. I'm looking for the right furniture so more pictures to come when I'm done with it. :) I currently have some old used shelves and stuff. :)
------------------
Picture of my setup so far:
http://tahustvedt.homestead.com/files/stereo01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks