What's new

Yet another home theater page, please check it out. (1 Viewer)

Chris-C

Stunt Coordinator
Looks great Gru!
Probably sounds better than many multiplex's.
Regards
CC Rider
------------------

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Good pics. I like your setup. The posters, and curtains add to the home theater atmosphere. Also that's one heck of a dvd collection.
icon14.gif
I long for the day when star wars will be on dvd.
frown.gif

Jon

James St

Supporting Actor
Great setup!! You just had to throw in a little Star Wars torture :). Those are some huge EX speakers ya got there. I bet it sounds awesome. BTW, what is that standing to the right of your rptv?

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
The Force is strong in you young Gruson, but you are not a Jedi yet!
Hee hee just kidding. Nice setup I like very much. I just watched Empire myself on LD last week so those screen shots look familiar. Pretty good stuff.
------------------
Philip Hamm
AIM: PhilBiker
[Edited last by Philip Hamm on August 29, 2001 at 07:21 AM]

Gruson

Second Unit
Thanks for the comments,
James St,
That thing to the right of the rptv is nothing really. I used to have those big CVs up front and there was a small gap between the right speaker and the TV. To make it look better, I put an old black VHS holder between them. I also used to have a backlight and this VHS holder blocked some of the unwanted light from showing too much.
I really do not need it anymore since I do not use a backlight now.
Glad you guys like it. Any upgrade suggestions than the ones I mentioned?

GarryW

Stunt Coordinator
Very nice Gru!
biggrin.gif

About how far back do you sit from that 65"? I have room underconstruction that's 15' x 24' and will bee about 11' back from the screen.

DaleB

Stunt Coordinator
VERY nice! It seems your mains are close to the side walls maybe just the left one? (don't know whats behind the curtain!) maybe some panels to reduce reflections?
I used 2" styrofoam 2X5 sheets covered with carpet runners..
makes a great wall hanging.

Gruson

Second Unit
I think I sit back about 12-13 feet from the TV, I will measure when I get home and let you know.
I find this distance best for DVDs. However, with true 1080i material, you could be as close as 6 feet and it still looks great.
Also, for those waiting for the Star Wars DVDs, go and get a LD player!!! Lucas will not even release the ORIGINALS on DVD anyway. You can also watch the original version of E.T. since it will be changed too.
LDs are very cheap now too, as are the players.

james e m

Second Unit
You made me feel better because I thought I was the only one who used Cerwin Vega speakers! I plan on ubgrading to Paradigms though. Looks great!
james
[Edited last by james e m on August 29, 2001 at 11:49 AM]

Harry W

Stunt Coordinator
Whoa Dude!
eek.gif
My vision of what my personal heaven would look like.Maybe one day.
frown.gif

------------------
HEW,JR
[Edited last by Harry W on August 29, 2001 at 12:10 PM]

Gruson

Second Unit
LOL, yes you do Eugene. :)
James, upgrade those speakers when you get the chance, My front sound stage sounds so much better with the Paradigms. CVs were pretty good but the Paradigms are much better.
For those of you in Dallas, TX. and are thinking about having your set ISF calibrated, use Steve Martin (wild and CRAZY guy!)
He knows his stuff and really made my TV look a LOT better. There are some things you cannot tweak without certain equipment (gray scale, global red push, etc.). Steve has it all and is great to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks