Yet another flexi rack - but this one has a twist!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Hoppe, Feb 4, 2002.

1. Chris Hoppe

Chris Hoppe Stunt Coordinator

This is a standard flexi rack, but I put some curves into it! I did this by making a very long circle jig for the router. The curve in front of the TV required the router to pivot from about 4 feet away.
    The wood is 3/4" birch plywood from Home Depot. The threaded rods are 3/4" x 2'. There are six threaded couplers right below the middle shelf where the TV sits. The four rods that make up the upper two shelves screw into the coupler, and there are two bolts on the TV side.
    Finish is simple. I decided not to stain, and just use three coats of Minwax polyurethane.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This picture turned out kinda grainy, but you get the idea...
    Thanks for looking![​IMG]
    New addition! Check out this MP3!I recorded this while assembling the rack. It's the sound of the washers wobbling their way down the threaded rods. Recorded with a pair of Behringer ECM8000 omni condensers, a homemade mic preamp, and a SB Live. www.hoppehome.com/htrack/washers.mp3

2. Chuck_C

Chuck_C Stunt Coordinator

A very nice design and a great job!

Did you use wood tape laminate for the edges of the plywood? It looks finished in the pictures.

3. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

Interesting design. Looks very good. [​IMG]
    Jon

4. Chris Hoppe

Chris Hoppe Stunt Coordinator

Thanks!

Chuck, yes it's iron-on tape veneer from HD. They sell a little veneer trim knife that works really good.

5. Jayson klimek

Very nice work.....