Yet another comparison question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Harlan, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Harlan

Harlan Agent

I always do this. Every time I pull the trigger on an AV purchase, I get buyer remorse. Can you guys help me with this. I own a Denon AVR 5700 but due to an unfortunate accident, had to replace it. Since I couldn't afford a 5800/5803, I decided on a 4802. My normal dealer played some games with me so I cancelled my order for the 4802 and ordered a Pioneer 47TX. Did I make a mistake? I'll be driving Atlantic Tech 350 THX speakers and will eventually upgrade to a seperate amp.

I'd appreciate any and all comments.

Harlan

2. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Sounds like you did fine. I do the same thing...but it's usually over where and how much...not the what. [​IMG]
    Listen up Harlan...I'll take 63 lbs of Elite any day. Relax...they are both quality pieces but you done good. [​IMG]

3. Harlan

Harlan Agent

Thank-you...I needed that. You should have seen my when I bought my Sharp 9000.

Harlan

4. JackS

JackS Supporting Actor

Harlan- I like your choice and not because I beleive the Pioneer is better than the Denon but because the Pioneer is the New kid on the block. Assuming both are equal, I think 99% of us would agree that the Elites are the best looking receivers around. Had I been in your situation , I think I would have made the same choice. Not bad when you can purchase something that will satisfy your audio needs and at the same time, add a striking visual note to the equipment rack.

5. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Harlan, [​IMG]

6. Harlan

Harlan Agent

You guys are great....I'll definitely post my impressions against the Denon AVR 5700 after I've had some time with the 47TX.

Harlan

7. Larry B

Larry B Screenwriter

I think the Denon has to be better than the Pioneer since 5700 is a larger number than 47! [​IMG]
    Larry-always-pratical-B