1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Yet another comparison question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Harlan, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Harlan

Harlan Agent

I always do this. Every time I pull the trigger on an AV purchase, I get buyer remorse. Can you guys help me with this. I own a Denon AVR 5700 but due to an unfortunate accident, had to replace it. Since I couldn't afford a 5800/5803, I decided on a 4802. My normal dealer played some games with me so I cancelled my order for the 4802 and ordered a Pioneer 47TX. Did I make a mistake? I'll be driving Atlantic Tech 350 THX speakers and will eventually upgrade to a seperate amp.

I'd appreciate any and all comments.

Harlan

2. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Sounds like you did fine. I do the same thing...but it's usually over where and how much...not the what. [​IMG]
    Listen up Harlan...I'll take 63 lbs of Elite any day. Relax...they are both quality pieces but you done good. [​IMG]

3. Harlan

Harlan Agent

Thank-you...I needed that. You should have seen my when I bought my Sharp 9000.

Harlan

4. JackS

JackS Supporting Actor

Harlan- I like your choice and not because I beleive the Pioneer is better than the Denon but because the Pioneer is the New kid on the block. Assuming both are equal, I think 99% of us would agree that the Elites are the best looking receivers around. Had I been in your situation , I think I would have made the same choice. Not bad when you can purchase something that will satisfy your audio needs and at the same time, add a striking visual note to the equipment rack.

5. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Harlan, [​IMG]

6. Harlan

Harlan Agent

You guys are great....I'll definitely post my impressions against the Denon AVR 5700 after I've had some time with the 47TX.

Harlan

7. Larry B

Larry B Screenwriter

I think the Denon has to be better than the Pioneer since 5700 is a larger number than 47! [​IMG]
    Larry-always-pratical-B