Yet another BUFFY DVD release...

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Nicholas Martin, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin Cinematographer

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5886

It's a former Best Buy exclusive that will be regularly released now.

Considering the new season slim sets are around the same price, this new compilation is a bit of a waste, however I'm sure some of you will grasp at straws to defend and find the positive in.

2. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

as much as I love Buffy... enough is enough. All seven seasons are out, and there's already the Chosen Collection set.

How about dropping Buffy and start working on those Ally McBeal sets, and why not give us an Angel Shanshu Collection or something along the lines as well. There are already several options to check Buffy out on DVD. Fox is gonna do to this franchise what they did with Friends. I know they also did similar crap with X-Files last year but.... when they did it, X-Files sets retailed for $99.99, now you can get each season of Buffy under $40 (and under $30 at most e-tailers) easily.

Let Buffy rest in peace and start cracking on other shows.

3. Johnny S

Johnny S Stunt Coordinator

^ Jay I think you would agree that it's starting to get to a point comparable to Friends. [​IMG] I agree. Time needs to be spent on other projects.

4. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

is it me or does it seem like Fox execs picked episodes with darts? 4 of these episodes (Hush, Halloween, The Wish and Passion) are definately among the shows best, but some of the other choices are suspect. The Pack over Prophecy Girl if they're gonna go the season 1 route? Same Time Same Place over Conversations With Dead People for season 7? Nothing from season 5 (The Gift? The Body?) or season 6 (Once More With Feeling? Seeing Red?). This isn't really a good selection of a "Best of" set, even though half of it is great.

5. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

At least The X-Files Mythology sets had new commentaries. This release is just a few random episodes.