Yet another bass shaker thread...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian_B_inswfla, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Brian_B_inswfla

Hello all,

I've dug through the archives and think I've figured out how I want to go about installing and setting up my Aura bass shakers. I would appreciate it if some of you would look this over and tell me if my thinking is right.

I have a Yamaha RX-V620 receiver running my system. I also have an old Kenwood VR-207 laying around collecting dust. My thinking is to Y off the subwoofer output from the Yamaha and connect it to the Kenwood. I could then use the speaker out connections to go to the shakers and be good to go. This would also have the side effect of only passing the 80Hz and below signal to the shakers.

I assume I would just bring the connection from the Yamaha subwoofer output into one of the audio component connections on the back of the Kenwood. Is this correct? Also, are there any downsides if I must run the speaker wire approximately 40 ft. to each shaker? Overall, does it look like this should work?

Thanks,

Brian

2. Doug Drake

Doug Drake Stunt Coordinator

Brian - Sounds good. You could plug the sub input into the Kenwood's "tape in" jacks, if it doesn't have pre-amp in jacks.
    Doug

3. Brian_B_inswfla

Doug,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll test it out this weekend and see how my luck goes. Don't think I'll have time to do a final install though. I still have to run the speaker wire through the attic which is always fun.

Thanks,

Brian