Yes or No On Mr. Show?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chas_Michael, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Chas_Michael

Chas_Michael Second Unit

Anyone hear the verdict? Is Mr.Show going to be released or not? The Wife's really looking forward to this one. Me too!

2. Gabe D

Gabe D Cinematographer

Me three.

3. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Yes, in a 2-disc special edition of the first two seasons, retailing for $34.95, and streeting on 4/2/2002. It is supposed to feature commentary on all 10 episodes, and include stage show footage, a 30-minute "Best of Mr. Show" including footage not in this DVD release, and TV spots. Oh yeah, every package is also going to include a collector's card, and some of them are going to be signed.

(Source, Video Store magazine.)

- Steve

4. Alex Martinez

Alex Martinez Auditioning

not so fast. as i posted in this thread, hbo is considering delaying the release, maybe even shelving it, due to new line's lack of interest in releasing run ronnie run. here's a petition to get them to release the movie...
    alex

5. PaulN

PaulN Auditioning

MR. SHOW DVD's will definitely get released! They just want to time it with the release of the movie , which does not make alot of sense since they could sell the DVD's to all the die hard fans before the movie release and then sell more when the movie is released. The best thing to do would to keep the signatures coming - to the link Alex mentioned! I signed last week and I think NewLine might rethink delaying this movie if they see how many fans of Mr. Show there are out there. Hopefully we will see the movie and MR. SHOW DVD release no later than mid summer - early fall -if it does get delayed. Paul

6. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

I'd certainly buy this when/if it gets released. And, please support your local entitulitus foundation.

7. Chas_Michael

Chas_Michael Second Unit

That is sickening!!!!!!I want MR SHOW in April! NOT the end of this year or who knows when!! I would much rather have the choice of buying it now and not being forced to wait for a duel release. Does anyone have a Telephone number for HBO? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I am really pissed. Sorry, I just had to get that out...I'm calm now[​IMG]

8. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

9. mike martin

mike martin Stunt Coordinator

So for those of us without HBO, would anyone care to elaborate on what type of show "Mr. Show" actually is?

10. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

11. mike martin

mike martin Stunt Coordinator

Vince wrote:

12. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

It has been delayed indefinitely, most likely to be released in August now.

13. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

14. Chas_Michael

Chas_Michael Second Unit

Luke B,
    Please tell us your source for this indefinate delay...
    SOMETHING,I do not want to hear! LOL Anyone have HBO's Toll Free?[​IMG] [​IMG]

15. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Chas, DVDTalk got notice that it will be pushed back to coincide with the release of Run, Ronnie, Run. So, August seems like the new date.

16. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents
    This ad appears in the issue I got today of Video Store Magazine (Feb. 10-16 issue). Pertinent copy on the ad states:
    • Only on DVD 2-Disc Set $34.98 srp
    • Every DVD includes a Mr. Show Collector's Card
    • The Complete First and Second Seasons of HBO's Late-Night Sketch Comedy Series
    • Featuring all ten episodes
    • Full 10 episode commentary: Bob and David reunited with cast and contributors...
    • Exclusive Rare Stage Show Footage of Mr. Show "Before it was a TV Show"
    • 30 min. "Best of Mr. Show" entirely comprised of material not featured in this DVD release
    • Ten Outrageous Promotional TV Spots and more!
    • 288 minutes Not Rated
    • Order Due Date 3/5/02 [rant]Street Date 4/2/02[/rant]
    The ad specifies the earlier date, but maybe the ad text didn't get changed in time to run this week. So, did any of this help? [​IMG]

17. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Also for more EXPLANATION of what Mr. Show is like, it's very much like Monty Python in that the shows usually are themed and the skits are endlessly linked so that there are no pauses. I really think it's the closest thing to an American version of Python which is one of the reason's I'm so impressed by it.
    They don't even force the links, they are just so creative that they flow perfectly along. And like Python they are just as crazy and outrageous, they have social commentary but at the same time they are just being outright goofy.
    They also entertwine a live audience and costume changes with pre-recorded material played on TVs to the audience (though we see it full screen).

18. matthew_d_H

matthew_d_H Auditioning

19. Chas_Michael

Chas_Michael Second Unit

YES!!!....Mr.Show will be released on June 11th...It's Official...YES!!!