What's new

Yes- life after Steve Howe (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, mike. I am well familiar with allmusic, but I never thought to look at the catalog numbers.

Comparing the CDs I have to the ones in the store, they look to be the same.

I picked up a used copy of 90125 yesterday. I enjoyed it. The harmony singing was heavier than I expected. Rabin is a much better singer than Howe, so they sounded stronger. Sometimes Anderson's voice does not match the rock-pop feel they were going for, though. His hippy-chick style of singing does fit better with the nonsense lyrics about birds from Close to the Edge.

NP: Miles Davis, Miles Davis with Horns

mike_decock

Supporting Actor
Although I love old Yes (Going for the One, Close to the Edge and Drama being my faves), I thought 90125 was okay but lost interest completely after Big Generator. I think I bought Talk when it came out and listened to it once.

My tastes have changed considerably in the last few years and I'm more open to different styles now so I may give Yes another chance. Being such an eclectic, constantly changing band, I guess you kind of have to look at the newer Yes albums as a different group altogether and let go of hoping they'll sound like their old selves again... It ain't never gonna happen anyway.

On a side note, does anybody else here dig "The Steve Howe Album"?

-Mike...

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Being such an eclectic, constantly changing band, I guess you kind of have to look at the newer Yes albums as a different group altogether and let go of hoping they'll sound like their old selves again... It ain't never gonna happen anyway.
Yep, that's exactly what I did, and why I made such an about-face on 90125.

NP: Moody Blues, Seventh Sojourn, CD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks