1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Yes, folks, the new CASTLE KEEP widescreen edition is indeed 16x9.

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Darren Gross, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Darren Gross

Darren Gross Supporting Actor

It's great that Columbia has responded to the brickbats and released a widescreen edition so shortly after the lame debacle that was the pan n'scan release.

It doesn't mention its Anamorphically enhanced/16x9 anywhere on the package and marketing really should have put a widescreen banner on the front or something to differentiate the release...

For the record though, the dvd is anamorphically enhanced as is the trailer which is included.

[​IMG]

2. Ernest Rister

Ernest Rister Producer

What's Castle Keep? I've heard of The Keep, and I've heard of The Castle -- but not Castle Keep.

3. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard Screenwriter

Joshua Clinard
    How did you get it early? This is supposed to be released Nov. 2.

4. Dick

Dick Lead Actor
    Supporter

Rick
    Now if they would respond to the thousands of other customer complaints regarding OAR and cheesy-looking catalog transfers and ridiculously high retail prices...

5. ArthurMy

ArthurMy Supporting Actor

You mean like these amazing transfers of Lord Jim, Bonjour Tristesse, They Came to Cordura, 3:10 to Yuma, The Swimmer, Baby, The Rain Must Fall, Radio Flyer, Devil at Four O'Clock, Eddy Duchin Story, Picnic, The Professionals, Requiem for a Heavyweight - well, I could go on and on. All of the above are, of course, not cheesy and all are in their OAR. I think you'd be hard pressed to find ten percent of Columbia's output on DVD that isn't presented correctly. It's maddening when they don't, but this rush to constantly damn a studio that most of the time gets it right is not really fair or accurate.

6. Marko Berg

Marko Berg Supporting Actor

Excellent news, I can add this film to my collection now.

It's good to hear customer feedback can make a difference. Now if only they'd listen to us again and release A Midnight Clear in OAR.

7. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

imdb.com