What's new

Yes DVD Rot? (1 Viewer)

Ted Kontos

Stunt Coordinator
There is a problem with at least the first pressing of Yes Live at The House of Blues. My copy also stopped working after a few months. I sent the disc back to Beyond Music and they quickly sent me a new one, which works fine (at least for now). I looked for the address at the Yesworld web site, but couldn't find it (there is a specific individual at the company involved in the exchange). I'm sure if you check the site or the Yes newsgroup, you can find it.
Ted

Ted Kontos

Stunt Coordinator
Update...I found it (on Google)!

If you have a defective disc, return it (minus the packaging) to:

>

>Dean Buckley

>Production Manager

>Beyond Music

>9255 Sunset Bl. 2nd Fl.

>West Hollywood, CA 90069

Ted

Dan M

Second Unit
Once again, this forum has proved to be an invaluable source of information.

Because of this very thread, I popped in my copy of YES:House of Yes (which I haven't viewed lately) and sure enough......it dead.

I mean it won't play at all.

TED,

Before I send off my defective copy, is there any way to contact these people by email or phone to let them know that I would like an exchange or is that necessary?

Dan M

Second Unit
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm living proof of the fact that the above address does indeed work!
I sent my copy off with a simple note asking for an exchange. Within a week I received a new copy which plays fine.
I think they sent me my old keepcase with a new disc inside which is perfectly fine with me.:emoji_thumbsup: ;)

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Dan,

Would you mind describing the label on your new disc? I bought my copy just before the holiday season and I would like to confirm that it is a corrected version. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Dan M

Second Unit
Jeff,

Are you referring to the disc artwork or those tiny little numbers around the center hole?

To the best of my memory, this disc looks identical to my old one. It has the dragonfly to the left of the center hole with basically the same artwork as on the cover of the keepcase.

Maybe you could be more specific?

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Dan,

Sorry for the confusion. Many here that were indicating problems with their discs have said that the words WAMO or Crest National were printed around the center ring. Mine has nothing like this. Just some very small production code numbers. Does yours look similar to mine?

Dan M

Second Unit
Jeff,

Nowhere did I see the words WAMO or CREST NATIONAL anywhere around the ring. Just a bunch of very small numbers.

Sounds like you have the 'correct' copy.

Good luck!

Dan M

Second Unit
Jeff,

You're welcome

Dave,

I'm sure that address is good for any disc issued by Beyond Music that has a known problem.

Matthew Anderson

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Anderson
I sent my HOY off to Dean Buckley of Beyond Music and got a replacement disc back very quickly. Great service. Thanks for the information.

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
i'm hoping it's not too late to get a replacement[i suffer from put it off-itis]

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
There is another thread on here about DVD rot to guys. I have had 4 of my 375 DVDs go bad in the last 5 years. To my way of thinking, thats a low count...but i have not LOOKED at all of them to see how they have held up. Just this week my Kentucky Fried Movie died, and i have read about problems with Antz, Heathers, Ghostbusters, and Dances with wolves...all could rot on you...who knows about any others. I was into laserdisc for 20 years, and had DOZENS of them rot, but i also have some that are just great even at 20 years old. I treat my stuff like mint, library copies...no finger prints, and no dirty hands...its all in how they are made...thats the bottom line.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks