Yes DVD-A Alert

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Madalena, Dec 20, 2001.

1. Chris Madalena

Chris Madalena Stunt Coordinator

Just saw on the Yes site that Close To The Edge is coming to DVD-A on May 28th, released by Rhino. I can't wait!!

2. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Oh wow, cool! Gosh darnit, I gotta get something that plays DVD-A. The opening of the title track alone, with all the nature sound effects, would be cool in surround sound.

3. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    I finally picked up the Joe Gastwirt remastered CD two weeks ago and now you post this! Augggh!

Regards,

4. Dave Morton

Dave Morton Supporting Actor

Dave
    I just picked up the latest YES album, Magnification. It's pretty good but you can tell there is something missing in the keyboard area. I do like all the classical guitar parts of Steve Howe. All in all, I think it's a pretty good album. There is a bonus cd with a live version of Ritual and Long Distance Runaround that is remarkable. Ritual is great.

5. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I never bought the CD and my record doesn't sound very good. I can't wait.

I hope they have the album in sterei 192/24 from the original analog master! If it's only stereo 96/24 it should be a DVD-Video disc so more people can enjoy it. If it's multichannel I'll reserve judgement.

6. John Fleming

John Fleming Stunt Coordinator

Yowza!

This is great news. To say Yes' 'Close to the Edge' is a classic album is stating the obvious. I'm psyched for this release...I own a grand total of 2 DVD Audio discs so far but I'm impressed with what the format has to offer in regard to multi channel sound. I'll waste no time picking this one up when it's released. I believe Yes' music is a natural choice for the DVD Audio format...if remastered properly, the added ambience (I'm assuming there'll be a 5.1 advanced resolution track) should just improve an already impressive musical masterpiece.

John