What's new

Yellowstone (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
My wife and I recently spent a week in Yellowstone National Park, with a day trip to Grand Tetons National Park. This was my fifth trip to YNP -- it may be my favorite place to visit. I am still not completely done sorting through all the photos, but here are a few that stood out:
IMG1547-L.jpg
IMG1787-L.jpg
IMG1863-L.jpg
IMG2019-L.jpg
IMG2398-L.jpg
IMG2833-L.jpg
IMG2511-L.jpg

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
Wow, what a trip. Beautiful shots. The gold/brown tones and the light in the waterfall shot is stunning.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Bob Graz said:
Wow, what a trip. Beautiful shots. The gold/brown tones and the light in the waterfall shot is stunning.
Thanks, Bob. I dragged my wife out of bed before breakfast to get the dawn light on the canyon for that shot. She's a trooper.
Sam Posten said:
Love the rim of light on the elk's rack and the way the prairie digs are standing guard
Actually, those are uinta ground squirrels. They are smaller than praire dogs. We were not sure what they were when I took the shots. We asked a park ranger later, who gave us a nice tutorial on them. The squirrels are a fairly rare sight, only living in high elevations and hibernating for 9 months of the year. She said the males would already be in hibernation, so we would have only saw females and their young. If anyone is interested, there are quite a few more shots here. I didn't get any great bear shots, but there are some distance grizzly shots. The few closeup shots of black bears didn't turn out that well, as I was trying to shoot from the driver's seat of the car while in a a bear jam. Here are a couple of the distant bear shots (one black bear, one grizzly):
IMG2748-L.jpg
IMG1957-L.jpg

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Niiice.

Would love to visit YNP and/or Yosemite some day...

Thanks for sharing these, Scott.

_Man_

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
A few more: Trout Lake:
IMG2780-L.jpg
Golden Gate:
IMG2866-L.jpg
Rainbow over Yellowstone River:
IMG2266-L.jpg
This is a pretty tight crop of a grizzly bear on her hind legs, looking back at her cub. We estimated they were over 500 yards away, and couldn't be seen with the naked eye. The photo is not the best quality, but I've never captured a grizzly standing on its hind legs before.
IMG2659-L.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks