What's new

"Yeah right!"...thrread (1 Viewer)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Halle Berry as Storm. Oh, SOMEONE was gonna say it ;)

Andy Garcia as a WASP in "When a Man Loves a Woman". Dude, WTF? I know some actors have looks that enable them to play several ethnicities/races (Hector Elizondo, George Clooney, and Gina Gershon come to mind), but you, sir, are not one of them.

Chris Klein in any film that requires him to play a person of normal intelligence.

James Van Der Beek as a Texan in "Varsity Blues". Hell, I can do a better Texan accent and I've never been there ;)

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
Nicole Kidman as a neurosurgeon (or neurologist?) in Days of Thunder. I'm a doctor and trust me, neurosurgeons are not that good looking.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor

I am not sure how many stockbrokers you know, but out here in the East, almost all major trading houses have a large contingency of ex-Football players who more often than not look like Mr. Diesel, sometimes bigger, and oftentimes not as smart or compassionate.

I still have a problem with James Marsden as Cyclops. Instead of exuding poise, control and leadership, he seems come off as a whining, jealous and Napoleanic pain in the ass, kind of like that kid that used to run the Student Government Association in High School. Maybe it's because how young Marsters looks, or maybe because it's his acting style, but he is totally unconvincing as Cyclops. Now, if they would have cast Guy Pearce, I would not be having this conversation.

And how about Leo DiCaprio as a b-baller in Basketball Diaries. He looked like his arm might snap in half every time he dribbled.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Richard Beymer as Tony in West Side Story
Harvey Keitel as Judas in Last Temptation of Christ
William Bendix as Babe Ruth

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Skimmed over this thread again and can't believe no one mentioned George Hamilton (and Madonna) in Dick Tracy. I like Hamilton but not in this one.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter

There are two casting faux pas and the one above is the most proiminent in my head.

Except for THIS travesty......

John Wayne as :eek: Genghis Khan!!! :eek: in The Conqueror

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Well Jagger was believable as an out-there rock star in Performance.

I thought Sting was outstanding in Dune, quite the psycho to fit that group of freaks. The film has its flaws but I really liked a lot of the cast.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Uma Thurman as a Samurai
Tom Cruise as a Samurai

Even though I think they both did a excellent job in both films, when someone comes up to you and says "Uma/Tom has a Samurai movie coming out" you immediately say WTF, followed by a yeah right.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus

The point is she was to supposed to fight like a Samurai as stated by one of the characters in the movie, hence a yeah right is still warranted.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Funny because I don't remember seeing in the first post when I first read it...huh. Odd.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

George Hamilton wasn't in Dick Tracy. And why would Madonna fall into the "yeah, right" category? You may not like her performance, but this thread is for casting that seems like a stretch - ie, Richards as a smart scientist. Madonna as a sexy singer is typecasting!

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
George Hamilton, Warren Beatty, what's the difference. Just kidding. My boo-boo. Either way, it was a mistake. As for Madonna, I never thought she pulled off the sexy-singer thing in real life either. O.K. maybe she can sing a little but there's a big difference between sexy and trashy. I just remember being real disappointed in the casting when this one came out. Just my opinion of course. But thanks for catching my little mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks