What's new

"Yeah right!"...thrread (1 Viewer)

Mike Brogan

Second Unit

He did a pretty good job in "A Perfect World", maybe the fact that he was directed by Eastwood rubbed off on him.

Andre Bijelic

Stunt Coordinator
Surprised no one's mentioned one of the worst casting decisions in film history - a very young, gangly and awkward Sofia Coppola in "The Godfather Part III", playing a sort of femme fatale that everyone is supposed to be madly in love with.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor

The part was supposed to go to Winona Ryder. But on the other hand, I don't think the character was supposed to be a femme fatale as much as a young girl whose innocence and devotion contrast her newfound sexuality, typified in her seduction of her cousin, the Andy Garcia character. But that's another debate....

How about dearly departed Marlon Brando in Guys and Dolls....

or Keira Knightly and Parminder Nagra in Bend it Like Beckham(some of the worst soccer scenes EVER)....

Tom Hanks as a contract killer in Road to Perdition

Heather Grahan as a space scientist and Matt Leblanc as a badass pilot in Lost In Space (actually, that whole movie was pretty much bullwash)

Ralph Fiennes as the incredibly strong and crazy Tooth Fairy/Francis Dolarhyde in Red Dragon (he looked flabbier than Phillip Seymour Hoffman)

Melanie Griffith as a rough and tumble bounty hunter/tracker/whatever in Cherry 2000 (a forgotton MST3K worth flick)

Cindy Crawford as a lawyer in Fair Game

Robert Redford as the Natural (Wilford Brimley would have been just as convincing)

Timothy Dalton as James Bond (if James Bond suddenly turned into a sadistic, belligerant, confused, and frustrated versin of himself, who seemed to scare women away)

Brendan Fraser as Steve Nebraska in The Rookie (his delivery was worst than Freddie Prinze, Jr and Tim Robbins combined)

Gina Gershon in Palmetto (just doesn't seem like the devoted/unsuspecting-girlfriend type)

Russel Crowe in Mystery, Alaska (one of the few movies whose title explains the gyst of the movie)

Al Pacino as a football coach in Any Given Sunday (unless you think of a football coach acting like Al Pacino)

Peter Macnicol as a dragon slayer in DragonSlayer (although he was note-perfect in Ghostbusters II)

And any time that Gary Oldman plays someone who isn't seriously deranged;)

I know I'm missing a bunch, will probably add some on later

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Adam Sandler in any role that requires walking and talking at the same time.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

Timothy Dalton as an intelligent, cultured, highly proficent, Government assasain?
what were they thinking?!

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Correct. Fleming's Bond was not a handsome man, was quite cruel and was riddled with flaws. I loved Connery in the role, but the only thing he has in common with Fleming's Bond is both are Scots. Read "The Spy Who Loved Me" for a taste of the real Bond. It is Fleming's only Bond book told in the first person and is so personal that Fleming would not allow any plot points of the book used in a movie (save the name).

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

Indeed, I'll defend that one too as the whole point of his character was that he was trying to sell himself as a Dragonslayer to everyone but was obviously not.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

As someone else said, only someone who hadn't read Ian Fleming's books would say that. He probably nailed the role better than anyone else.

Jason

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston

That's something I've never heard. Since Fleming died, what... in '63 thereabouts, he made this statement assuming at some point The Spy Who Loved Me would be made into a film? The story was good but I don't see how a movie would be made had they followed the book closely.

I agree with Dalton, far closer to the book than the others. However, as I recall, in the book he was a handsome man with a comma of hair across his forehead and a small scar on the left cheek.

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
Well, this hasn't come out yet, but Steve Zahn as Al Giordino in "Sahara". Matthew McConeghayayayey is only slightly more believable as Dirk Pitt. I'll give them both a chance, but I'll have my reservations going in (what, your movie theater doesn't take reservations?).

John Wayne as a drawling Roman soldier in "The Greatest Story Ever Told".

Edward G. Robinson as Dathan (sp?) in "The Ten Commandments".

Joel Grey as a small asian man in "Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins".

Marlon Brando as a Japanese man in "Teahouse of the August Moon".

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
This has to be the funniest thing, I've read on the forum today.

Macaulay Culkin- as a lunatic in 'the good son'

Hugh Jackman-As wolverine

Ian McKellen- as magneto.(pulheese)

Patrick Stewart- As Professor X, was perfect, like it was made for him.

Mel Gibson- in the patriot just didn't seem right to me.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Yes, the books were being developed by Broccoli at that time and Fleming would not let him have "The Spy Who Loved Me".

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member

My girlfriend used to be a model and she's studying Criminal Justice now (she once invited me to come with her to visit a morgue). So, yeah, it can happen :)

Andre Bijelic

Stunt Coordinator
Pretty much any movie in which overworked lawyers, doctors, CEOs etc. somehow manage to find the time to spend four hours a day in the gym, and movies in which minimum-wage employees can still afford massive New York City lofts and apartments.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
When ever the good guy in the movie starts chasing after the bad guy on foot, while the bad guy is in a car, and somehow catches up to him. Yeah right!

When the good guy is taking out bad guy, after bad guy, with a semi-automatic. But the bad guy doesn't get one shot to hit after emptying an entire clip with a fully automatic weapon.

You'd think these career criminal types would have to go to the tartget range as a requirement before joining a cartel or what not.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I'm gonna have to go with Charleton Heston as a Mexican official in Orson Welles' otherwise brilliant "Touch of Evil":

Ruben M

Grip
Brad Pitt as a vampire.
Vin Diesel as an stockbroker in Boiler Room.
Sting as the bad guy in the movie Dune.
Any role played by Mick Yagger
Winona Rider as a shoplifter in... I can't remember the name of the movie...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks