What's new

Yea!!!! (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
"Imo, it does not hold up on it's own and definitely requires seeing the show first..."

In your opinion, of course...which is wrong (Imo) ;)

Hmm... you gave your opinion, then I gave mine (which was opposite of yours). Seems all that needed to be said was already out of the way. But thanks for chiming in and explaining that we have different opinons, because I guess others couldn't have figured that out.

So I'll play once, then I'm done.

"Sorry Sean, but I disagree with everything you said..."

Right back at 'cha. In the opinions of others who have NOT seen the film, it does hold up on it's own.

I've seen it with people who did not see the show (who did not even know it was based on a TV show) who liked it and were surprised when I told them there was TV show that came before it.

Imo, some people who know a movie is based on a show (who haven't seen said show) can't get past it when the film refers to things that happend prior to the film, even if those things didn't take place in the TV series either.

Any number of original films have characters that have some kind of back story/history/relationships that are loosely refered to in the course of the film even though no one ever saw this or gets the whole backstory.

Unfortunately, it seems that often when there is a film based on a TV show and they use this same device, some people who haven't seen the show (but KNOW there was a show) automatically think they are missing something...even though people who have seen the show don't have any more information about said issue.

I'm tempted to ask just what it was you were so confused about, but that is really a discussion for the movie discussion thread.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill

Confirmed, yes. The supplements are identical except for the apparent exclusion of the @#$% Easter Egg from the HD-DVD.

- Steve

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Which is where you will find my comments. If you would like to discuss this further, I'll meet you there.

Sorry Steve for derailing your thread a bit.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill

That's okay, Tino. We Browncoats recognize that you and your Alliance friends will not like the movie and will not pick up the HD-DVD. That's okay--more discs for us, especially since they are in limited supply! :)

- Steve

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Tino,

No need to meet in the other thread. "Different strokes", ya know?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
OK, so far I am digging on the HD Serenity, will have to go back and A/B it with the standard def version, but:

-The video is much much better imo than what I saw on the Phantom disk.
-The surround on this disk are amazing, some of the most aggressive, wraparound effects I have ever heard, and even the music is nicely seperated to all 5 channels. LOTS of good bass too.

Halfway through the movie, but it retains everything I liked about the series and kicked up the audio/video qualities a notch. Definitly worth a rental minimum, fans of the series will want to have this in High Def if they have a capable display.

A/B comparison tomorrow, but I expect it to be no contest.

Still kinda weirded out that Universal isnt sending screeners of ANY of their HD releases out to reviewers tho! =/

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks