What's new

Yay my old fav is back at McD's... The Chicken Fajita! (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
I just had two chicken fajitas from McDonalds... First time in.. many MANY years... I probably last had them when i was like, 11, 12?

Anyways, i'd just like to tell you other Fajita lovers that its back! And Oh-so-good :D

Now if they'll just bring back the pizza... :)

In the words of Peter Griffen from Family Guy:
http://www.southperk.com/episode1/10132.wav

:D

Peter Loan

Second Unit
Hey Nick, the chicken fajita has been a regular menu item in SoCal for the past couple of years. It's part of the 99 cent menu. The stupid problem is, my local McDonalds refuses to stock the salsa for it! ANYways, I order a fillet of fish along with a fajita for a quick lunch from time to time. We're still waiting for the McPoutine here though:)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
different McD's around the country carry different items all the time.. some on the east coast have crab cakes. The McDiners have steaks and things... very strange.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Anyone want to know how the fajita's are made? Its actually not that bad. There is a bag of frozen chicken strips. You take that, a handful of the slivered onions from the quarter pounder dressing table and a handful of green pepper slices out of their bags. They have a metal ring with a handle that you put on the grill. Toss the chicken, peppers and onions inside the ring. The lid of this "pot" has a small cup on the top with a hole in it to hold water. Put the lid on and fill the small cup to the top with water. Let it sit on the grill until all the water is gone from the cup. Its done. Then you roll the fajita's and wrap them and put them in the storage cabinet. Very rarely were they fresh, but they sold really really quickly. In my high school days when I worked at mcdonalds i remember going to the drawers to grab 3 fajitas to send up front, I turned around and started walking toward the front, hit a grease spot on the floor and went flying backwards on my back the fajitas getting crushed in my hands and I tried to grab something to stop my fall, no luck. Man that hurt, can't believe I remember it. When they first got fajitas one of the guys there showed me how to roll them and his instructions where "roll it like a joint". HAHAHA...too funny.

I used to make a fresh batch when I knew my break was coming up and wouldn't put a lot of onions and peppers in them. Then the ones I would roll for myself were literally bursting cause I would put 2-3 times the amount you were supposed to have in them. Ahhhh those were the days. Do you realize how many nuggets can fit in a 9 piece nugget box! You could cram about 15 in there :)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
LoL crazy things happen at McDonalds. The scary thing is how much those fajitas actually cost them to make

Devin U

Second Unit
I cant belive anyone who has eaten actual fajitas would eat something called a McFajita? If I need fajitas in a hurry, I head over to Rubio's or Baja Fresh. Man, Im getting scaired, as I may be going to be moving to the mid west or east coast for school in a couple of years. Im gonna die if I have to eat mexican food from Taco Hell and McDonalds.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
If I need fajitas in a hurry, I head over to Rubio's or Baja Fresh.
Mmmmm.... Rubio's or Baja Fresh... best Mexican fast food ever. :)

If Im going to McDonalds, I'm only eating a burger and some fries. Nothing else. But if they got McPoutine, I wouldn't mind to try that (and gain like 20 pounds in the process). :)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
When we were in Maine and Nova Scotia a couple of summers ago they were selling something called a McLobster sandwich.

Now, there's a scary thought... lobster at McDonald's.
yeah I've herd about those.
because sure, when I think seafood, I think McDonalds :D

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Eww, McLobster... I dont even like lobster prepared normally, let alone fast food lobster.

I dont wanna KNOW what Japanese McD's sells...

McSashimi!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I'm a big mac guy myself.
besides indirectly McD's writes my paycheck. I don't work for them, but I work for a company very very very close to their day to day operations.. hence the "insider" info..

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
A $.99 chicken fajita would be a welcome addition to the local super value menu. I haven't been to McDonalds in quite a while, I OD'D on double cheeseburgered myself a few weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks