YAY! Got my learners license!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by NickSo, Dec 5, 2001.

1. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Well, actually i got it on the day of my birthday (Nov. 29), and was allowed to drive from then, but today i actually got my 'card' license!
    Like always, mine is horrible. I was half-blinking so it looked like i was kinda stoned... Also (this happened to alot of my friends too), the shadow of my ears appeared just below them, and created a 'Mullet' from the shadow... [​IMG]
    Anyways, im an avid car enthusiast, have been since i was very tiny. I started getting those Matchbox cars when i was like 3 or 4, then i watched Days of Thunder (one of my first fav movies), then one bday my mom bought me a model car (Which i couldn't do for the heck of me and ended up crying :b ), then more model cars, then a car and driver subscription, and now, the peice de resistance.. my Drivers License.. Granted i can only drive with a person 19yrs+ with a valid drivers license, its still very exciting for me, finally being able to drive, its awesome...
    Too bad its during winter, where theres usually bad weather, and i wont get to practice as much...
    Ohwell, im so happy!

2. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

3. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

I feel sorry for the people who live in Vancouver.
    For those HTFers who live in Vancouver, you better get your ass right off the road right when NickSo gets his full license. [​IMG]

4. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

Matthew, my sentiments exactly. [​IMG] Nick can you provide details of your car so I can stay as far away from you as possible? As if that big green N wasn't enough of a stay away from this driver sign. (There's graduated licensing in B.C.) Actually you start off with the scarlet letter L don't you?
    Seriously though, congratulations and good luck. Make sure you take this seriously. There are enough shitty drivers in Vancouver already, we don't need another one or another story about a kid wrapping his dad's car around a tree.
    Patrick

5. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

Congratulations Nick!

What kind of a car are you getting or do you have? Are you going to build yourself a Hot Rod?

6. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Yeah, if I was 19+ in Vancouver right now and friends with NickSo, I'd make sure my life insurance policy was paid up!!! [​IMG]
    Anyway, congrats and drive safely!
    Jay

7. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

Congratulations, Nick. This is your first step toward true independence. Drive SAFE!

8. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

So NickSo AKA Mullet Boy got his learner permit eh!!
    I'm very happy I reside in Ontario[​IMG]
    Brent L

9. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    Congrats Nick, drive carefully and keep off the moors, bet you can't wait to take Mena Suvari for a spin in your car.
    I had that Britney Spears in me car once, yep, warbling away on me radio she was. [​IMG]

10. BrettB

BrettB Producer

Another reason I'm glad I don't live in Canada. [​IMG]
    Take it seriously and be safe. Drive defensively. Don't become complacent. I'm pretty sure auto accidents are one of the leading causes of death among the age challenged.
    Congrats!

11. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

Congrats!
    < Item #1,874 on the list of things to be thankful for: I don't live in Vancouver, B.C. [​IMG]

12. Paul Wu

Paul Wu Stunt Coordinator

Nick, congrats on the learner's.

Sure Andrew, but you don't have Vancouver drivers in Winterpeg.

13. NathanP

NathanP Supporting Actor

Matt, Matt..

I'm sorry, I just can't stand it.. you have to get rid of that new photo and put that other one back on..

It makes you look like a : cheeky fellow

Congrats Nick, Did you have to read "The Book"?

14. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    HA-HA, very funny ya guys... [​IMG]
    For those who live in vancouver, i'll either be in a 1998 Red Nissan Pathfinder Chilkoot trail with a wind-deflector on the front, or a White with black/gray cladding 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix... [​IMG]
    I have to start with a big ugly red L hanging from the rear window, must have a person 19+ with a full licesne at all times, restricted from 5AM to Midnight, and have a 0% BAC (DUH! :ROLLEYES[​IMG]
    I would say im a very safe driver, i wouldnt take any stupid risks, and would follow the rules... so no need to worry bout me... unlike some of my friends (driving 6 people at night down a highway with his L license)...
    My dad won't buy me a car, but if i had the $, I'd want a Mazda Miata sooo bad.. Thats my dream car.. but those are expensive, i'll just get a Nissan Sentra SE-R, or a Neon R/T. Right now im stuck with a 170HP Pathfinder or a 140HP Pontiac. My friends' dad WANTS to buy her an expensive car (Mercedes C230 Kompressor)! gosh, so lucky, but SHE wants to buy a honda! I mean, come on! I'd love to have a dad who's willing to buy a german luxury car! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

What? she wants a Honda over a Kompressor? Hmmm.. wierd.

Nick I really like the NEON R/T myself, they're fast and "Mopar Performance" makes a lot of aftermarket performance goodies, these cars can be 11-12 sec. "Street Terrors" for pretty cheap!

16. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

Wow them are some strict rules that the BC gov't has laid out for you new drivers. Out here in redneck country all you need is a sticker on your license plate that says "FARM" and that allows you to drive like an idiot [​IMG]
    Congrats Nickso. Just be careful

17. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Hey Nick, I just took my written test too. Of course I'm 33 and it was because of changing states but still...
    I was cracking up to myself with all the nervous 15 year olds scribbling away on their tests, but at the same time it made me nostalgic for that moment in my life as well. It sure seems so huge at the time, then 4 years later it's no big deal anymore. [​IMG]
    BTW, my picture also looked like s**t. I always blink and then my eyes are half-closed in some stoner moron look.
    For the record, it only took me 2 years from moving back to Indy to get this done. And yes, you are supposed to do it within a month or so. It was the same in Texas when I waited 2+ years. What can I say, the DMV sucks (and in Texas it's downright horrifying).
    Now about those plates... [​IMG]

18. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

Congrats Nick. Drive Safe.

Jon

19. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Hehe, its actually not a 'written' test, more like a computer touch-screen test... [​IMG]
    Heh, my mullet cut available for show upon request... :p)

20. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Nick, this is Indianer. We ain't got no cypherin' machines here. It's all #2 pencil power.
    And the circles you blacken were freakin HUGE. I mean weird, made for retarded kids huge. It was sort of insulting/worrysome. Made me wonder what level this tests were lowering themselves to. At least they didn't hand us crayons. [​IMG]
    BTW, will you be going with the automatic or the stick shift. Personally I love a standard, but when you are first driving it's one thing too many to handle, especially on those hills.