What's new

Yanaha DSP-AZ1 (1 Viewer)

Craig_Cooper

Auditioning
I currently own a DSP-A1 and i've got the opportunity to upgrade to a DSP-AZ1 really cheap, what i wanted to know has anyone done this and was it worth the upgrade? The reason i ask is because i'm also looking at a Velodyne chtr15 sub, but i'll have to put this off a little while if i buy the amp.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
I own a DSP-A1 as well, coupled with a TX-950 tuner; I had to take the amp in to a repair shop Saturday for the first time ever. Sniff, sniff, I'm really missing it, and I hope it can be fixed. I'm suffering right now, as I had to pull an old Phillips Pro-Logic amp out of a closet so I could have some sound.

Anyway, WOW, I didn't know anything about the DSP-AZ1 & 2 until I did a web search. VERY impressive, but are these available in the US, and what power Volts & Hz do they require?

Craig_Cooper

Auditioning
There are newer models out now than the DSP-AZ1 like the RX-Z9, but in New Zealand it's like $9500 which is about $6800 in US dollars.The reason i can get the DSP-AZ1 cheap is it's a floor demo model and just wanted to know if i should upgrade or not.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Like I said, I haven't seen one of these beasts, but the specs on the website looked to be a clear improvement over the DSP-A1. I'd like to have one if the price was right and it would run on 110V/60 cycles.

New Zealand, huh? That's a little farther than I want to go for an amp. :)

Here's a website that has refurbed Yamaha's, including the RX-Z9 for $2699 US dollars, but that's to rich for me right now.

Craig_Cooper

Auditioning
Just checked it out the RX-Z1 that they have is the same unit as the DSP-AZ1, maybe different names for different countries

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
The RX-Z1 is a receiver; I thought the DSP-AZ1 was an integrated amp (no tuner) like the DSP-A1. No?

I'm still waiting to hear how my DSP-A1 is doing in the electronics hospital.

Craig_Cooper

Auditioning
Sorry i stand corrected, the specs are the same except for the tuner on the RX-Z1.Hope your A1 pulls through ok, it's still a great amp:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks