Yanaha DSP-AZ1

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Craig_Cooper, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Craig_Cooper

Craig_Cooper Auditioning

I currently own a DSP-A1 and i've got the opportunity to upgrade to a DSP-AZ1 really cheap, what i wanted to know has anyone done this and was it worth the upgrade? The reason i ask is because i'm also looking at a Velodyne chtr15 sub, but i'll have to put this off a little while if i buy the amp.

2. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

I own a DSP-A1 as well, coupled with a TX-950 tuner; I had to take the amp in to a repair shop Saturday for the first time ever. Sniff, sniff, I'm really missing it, and I hope it can be fixed. I'm suffering right now, as I had to pull an old Phillips Pro-Logic amp out of a closet so I could have some sound.

Anyway, WOW, I didn't know anything about the DSP-AZ1 & 2 until I did a web search. VERY impressive, but are these available in the US, and what power Volts & Hz do they require?

3. Craig_Cooper

Craig_Cooper Auditioning

There are newer models out now than the DSP-AZ1 like the RX-Z9, but in New Zealand it's like $9500 which is about $6800 in US dollars.The reason i can get the DSP-AZ1 cheap is it's a floor demo model and just wanted to know if i should upgrade or not.

4. Julian Reville

Like I said, I haven't seen one of these beasts, but the specs on the website looked to be a clear improvement over the DSP-A1. I'd like to have one if the price was right and it would run on 110V/60 cycles.

New Zealand, huh? That's a little farther than I want to go for an amp. [​IMG]

Here's a website that has refurbed Yamaha's, including the RX-Z9 for $2699 US dollars, but that's to rich for me right now.

5. Craig_Cooper

Craig_Cooper Auditioning

Whats that website i'm interested if they ship overseas

6. Julian Reville

7. Craig_Cooper

Craig_Cooper Auditioning

Chairs mate[​IMG]

8. Craig_Cooper

Craig_Cooper Auditioning

Just checked it out the RX-Z1 that they have is the same unit as the DSP-AZ1, maybe different names for different countries

9. Julian Reville

The RX-Z1 is a receiver; I thought the DSP-AZ1 was an integrated amp (no tuner) like the DSP-A1. No?

I'm still waiting to hear how my DSP-A1 is doing in the electronics hospital.

10. Craig_Cooper

Craig_Cooper Auditioning

Sorry i stand corrected, the specs are the same except for the tuner on the RX-Z1.Hope your A1 pulls through ok, it's still a great amp[​IMG]