Yammie Setup Issue

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Lee M T, Dec 25, 2003.

1. Lee M T

Lee M T Second Unit

Merry Xmas,

Well, I've had my Yammie for about 6 months now (RX-V640) and love it. I finally got around to getting comp cables for my PS2. Started hooking it up today since I was hooking up my spanking new OMNI 60's (lovely pieces). I cannot get picture from the PS2 at all. First, I went and switched the connection in the PS2's system configuration menu to component video. Then, I hooked an AR comp cable from the monitor out on my receiver to the comp input on my TV (Sony WEGA 27"). Then hooked up the Sony PS2 comp cables from the PS2 into the DVD comp input on the receiver. I then went into the I/O menu on the Yammie and made sure the comp section was switched for "DVD." I get sound, but no picture. Is there something I'm missing? The manual sure doesn't say.

2. Lee M T

Lee M T Second Unit

Nevermind, I'm a humongous idiot. I only got 3 hours sleep last night. [​IMG] On my TV, I had set the other three video modes to "Skip." I had to turn the comp video input on.

I had the same problem with my cousin's setup though (RX-V730) and we still can't get it to work. All of his video modes were turned on. Connections were done just the same, inputs selected properly in the menu, but we got sound, but no picture. Strange. Cable box and DVD both wouldn't show a picture. He's just got it going straight through his TV now though.