What's new

Yamahah HTR-5460 (1 Viewer)

Dan Foster

Grip
I'm looking to purchase this receiver. The seller is willing to part with it for $300 shipped.
http://www.yamaha.com/cgi-win/webcgi...R00010HTR-5460
There's the link for a more verbose description.
I guess I'm just looking for opinions on this unit from some of the HT experts. I'm not looking for a "top end" unit--just one that'll perform well. I'll have a Klipsch 12" sub and I have NO IDEA what my front or rear channels will entail.
Thanks for you help/opinions!
Dan

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
It seems like a good buy. The only disadvantage in the receiver is that it doesn't offer DPLII. For $300 you can get the 5540 which does offer the DPLII, but it's only 75Wx5 and it doesn't offer component video inputs, would you be using that feature?

Dan Foster

Grip
I'm not sure what I 'should' use the component video ins for. If that's where the PS1 or PS2 should go, then probably...other than that...probably not.

Pardon my ignorance!

Dan

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
Dan,
The component video would be for progressive scan DVD players, mostly. The PS1 or PS2 could use the regular composite video or S-video cables, which are in plenty on the 5540. If I was you, I'd probably go with a new 5540 for that price, unless you really want the extra 25 watts per channel. As always, each model has one thing the other does not, and you'll have to decide what it is you want.. :) You'll be happy with your decision either way though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks