What's new

yamaha (1 Viewer)

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Well there's no reason to call us meanies, but I have one. And I love it. I had a DSP-A3090 before this, it was lost to a lightning strike, but it treated me good while I had it.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
One here also... and I too love it. Great unit, impressive. Didn't think I'd ever get rid of my Yam 2095 but after demoing this.... well, my tagline says all.

joe logston

Stunt Coordinator
i thanink that the prosseser inthe rx-v1 is the best made on this planet and i thaink they are not going to make any more because the new flag ship yamamhas rx-z1 is 32 bits the rx-v1 is duel 44 bits so we are in luck thank you, joe

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
I also have an rx-v1. It's about a month old now.

I agree with the rest, awesome receiver.

I do have a question though.

My old Sony es receiver, had 2 sub outs, and my subs would fire in both dvd mode and in cd mode.

The sub signal on the rx-v1 seems to be much weaker in DVD,

and I get no signal when in CD mode.

I've tried hooking the subs up to both the (mono),

and to the (split) jacks,

but there is no signal when playing just music.

Do I have to bring the mains out of the receiver to the sub,

then over to the mains to get a signal for music?

Any advice would be appreciated

-luc

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Miles,

Double check you settings in speaker setup.

The sub fires on both dvd and cd very powerfully from my V1. Hook it to the MONO output since the split signal is halved for each output. I have all my speakers set to small and the lfe set to sub. Sometimes the sub is actually overwhelming on cd or tuner and have to turn the level down.

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
I am relieved to know that is everything is set up properly, I should be getting serious bass.

I'm kinda a bass maniac.

Makes sense that there seems to be much less bass on the split jacks, if the signal is divided.

I notice there is only 1 mono jack, should I just connect a

Y-connector to it? so I can run both subs?

-luc

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
I reconnected to the mono subout.

Went to low frequency test, all speakers are sounding except the sub.

Went to speaker setup, set the LFE to sub only, and still

no low freq. sound on subs.

Which is weird because they are working in dvd, so they must be getting a signal. Can't figure out why they aren't working in the test mode.

-luc

joe logston

Stunt Coordinator
are you coming out of your cd player though the digital out put on your remote push the cd button till it says auto or digital on the receiver screen are you playing stereo only check lfe out put leveal, get back to me and we will find out whats wrong thank you , joe

joe logston

Stunt Coordinator
i use all 3 lfe out puts on the rx-v1 1 run 5 subs i split the right&left to 4 subs them use the mono for the 15" pwoerd sub

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks DonnyD and Joe-

Plugged into the mono, and then

checked the LFE output and it was set all the way down.

It works!!!

and my rav2000 arrived today.

-luc

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Great! With that many subs, you must be movin' and shakin'. BTW: the RAV is a sweet piece.. it has taken over all mt ht equipment. I get a kick out of demo-ing for others and hearing their exclamations when they see the RAV remote... then seeing their jaws drop when everything turns on....

Glad you got the subs doing their thing....enjoy!

joe logston

Stunt Coordinator
hi miles wend they put most new receivers in the new box they turn down every thing so wend you plug in it dosint blast you out so thats why the lfe was turn down. the 5 subs i have set up took a long time to set up, but it is worth the time it is not over whaling, it has just anough auaority in music to make it sound live movies is awesome thank you, joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks