Yamaha YHT-160

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by JoshRedline, Oct 23, 2005.

1. JoshRedline

JoshRedline Auditioning

Hey everyone!

I have asked a few questions regarding what HTIB I would buy, but I am finally ready to buy. I just bought a Panasonic S29 DVD player, and I want a HTIB without a DVD player. I am leaning toward the Yamaha YHT-160. I can get it for about $280. I have listened to this and the Onkyo HT-S580, and I have found that the Yamaha sounds better. It also seems to have more features and about 20 dsp soundfields. So what do you guys think? Should I go with the Yamaha, or should I go with Onkyo, or perhaps a higher end Yamaha/Onkyo. Keep in mind, that I would really like to keep within about 300 dollars though, and I am a teenager so I am choosing my system wisely for money isn't that abundant. Thanks! [​IMG]

2. Thomas_A

Thomas_A Second Unit

I got my sister- n- law think the same one for xmas last year...or very similar model. Wasnt too bad. I did compare to the onkyo...and did go with the Yami..but that was my choice. you get the one you Liked the best. Both will do a good job.

3. John S

John S Producer

Yep, go with the one that sounded best for sure.

I can sense the excitement in your post. Let us know what you think, lots of people looking for decent products in this price range.