What's new

Yamaha Warranty (1 Viewer)

Cathy

Grip
Hi everyone

I just ordered an RXV2200 from an Ebay "power seller." The receiver is claimed to be brand new, not b- or gray-market, and comes with full manufacturer's warranty. I got the receiver today, and it was sealed with a gold sticker that said "Yamaha Preferred Customer -- passes factory standards..." but there looks to be some sticky-residue on it, in the shape of what looks to be a sticker that was removed.

I just wanted to know, of those of you who've bought a Yamaha receiver from a store, how did it look? Also, where do I find the warranty information? I don't see any in there packaged with the manual or anything else. Everything looks to be okay though.

Thanks in advance! Cathy

BrianDD

Agent
Cathy, I hate to say it, but you probably have no warranty even if the package has never been opened. Yamaha is one of those companies that has become very strict about honoring warranties only if they are purchased from authorized dealers. I doubt the Ebay seller was authorized to sell Yamaha at all much less over the internet. I would call Yamaha, explain the situation to them and see what they say. Check out this link from their site: http://www.yamaha.com/yec/customer/warranti2.htm
Also, check the back of your reciever to see if the serial number has been removed or scratched out. This is a sure sign of a grey market item. If it is still intact, they might help you out.

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
Been selling Yamaha for YEARS and have never seen a sticker worded like that and every unit I ever opened has a warranty card inside...sounds as if its been opened card removed and resealed...ck serial # with yamaha...If you tell their customer service people who you bought it from and the serial # they will send you a warranty card

Cathy

Grip
Well I checked the back of the unit last night and there is a serial number. It doesn't look like it's been tampered with or anything. How do I check it with Yamaha?

Thanks everyone!

Cathy

Grip
Thanks Brian. What do I do if it isn't covered? It was written on the site that the "full manufacturer's warranty" is included. When I emailed the guy, he said "there should have been one in the box." Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone.

BrianDD

Agent
If Yamaha won't cover you about the only thing you can do is hope that nothing ever goes wrong with your reciever. If it does you will be on your own as far as paying for repairs. There is a very good chance that you will never have a problem with it though. Yamaha has a reputation for building quality gear. The best advice I can give you is to talk to Yamaha and see what they can do for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks