Yamaha VX-440 or higher end SACD/DVDA with my receiver

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by JesseBro, Dec 12, 2003.

1. JesseBro

JesseBro Stunt Coordinator

ok.....im stuck in a situation.... i need a seperate DTS decoder and other formats that my Technics SA-AX7 receiver does not have...

right now i have 2 options... i can trade in my receiver for a Yamaha RX-V440 or get a nice SACD/DVDA player with 5.1 channel outputs to go along with my receiver... i have a decent Toshiba DVD player right now so i dont know which way to go....

do you think i should keep the receiver i have and upgrade to a new DVDA? or upgrade to a new receiver?

and what would you recommend in the $200-$300 price point for DVDA

specs on my receiver:
    http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...=XL#morephotos

2. JesseBro

one more note..... im very concerned about sound quality and equally concerned about home theater..... would a SACD/DVDA player improve my sound with my current receiver.... im very happy with the receiver's sound quality but im assuming that the Yamaha would be a step up. i also dont think my speakers are up to the task of super audio yet either.... but paradigm or trying my hands at speaker building is in the near future

3. JesseBro

just an update....... i bought the yamaha and i love it! a lot more options than my technics... sound quality is better...... now i just need some better speakers

now i have 6.1 with DTS-ES, DTS:Neo6, Prologic II..etc