What's new

Yamaha volume not working from remote (1 Viewer)

Manny G

Auditioning
Hello,
I was hoping to get some suggestions before heading to the service center. I have a Yama RX-V995 I have had since 1999 and for the past number of months the volume knob is not responding to the remote at times. The display shows that the remote is "telling" the receiver to adjust volume, but the knob does not turn until you get up and nudge it a bit. Then it will work fine for a time, but it happens again. Though getting up and adjusting the volume was fine in our parent's day, and I probably could use the exercise, I have gotten quite accustom to the remote! :)
Has anyone one had similar problem? Is there a consumer level fix that I should try? Other helpful suggestions?
Thanks,
Manny

Steve Simm

Stunt Coordinator
Most likely the motor on the volume control is dirty. I had the same problem on my DSP-A1 nad had it fixed under warranty. It is a pain in the butt to tear the whole system down to do this but it is better than having to get up to change the volume. If your unit is no longer under warranty I don't see why you couldn't clean it yourself. I am sure there are sprays that you can buy at places like Radio Shack that will clean the control.

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
I'm currently experiencing the very same problem with my Yammie 795a, purchased Oct, 1999. Anybody know how an idiot such as myself might actually take the unit apart and fix it personally, or is it off to the service depot for me? Cheers.

DS.

Users who are viewing this thread