Yamaha Surround Sound

wage

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan
Question:

I know a few people including myself that have Yamaha recievers. Okay so they aren't high end recievers but we all seem to have similar problems. They require constant adjustment. No two movies are set up anywhere near each other. Is it something unique to Yamaha? I know i've used other cheapy recievers and they seem to be fine.

On a side note i'm looking to upgrage my reciever. I can get semi good deals on Denon, HK, possibly Sony ES series. I've also always heard NAD is good. My plan would be something in the 500-800 dollar range. Not extremely into all the bells and whistles just something that can give me good sound. i will slowly upgrage the speakers too.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Yamaha would be on par with the others you have mentioned. I would think NAD as well as Rotel, Niles and a few others would be a step above the others but also a bit more expensive. I've had H/K (2), Onkyo (2) and a Pioneer in the recent past but my next avr (after I sell most of that other stuff) will be an Outlaw 1070. Sells for $899 which is $500 more than I paid for anything else but I think it will be worth it. Denon seems to be the flavour of the month in your price range right now, but lets see what others think. I should also add that Marantz is well respected for the quality of their sound. Check AC4L.com for good prices on new and refurbs.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smwe16