Yamaha sticking it to the Canadians... or is it just me?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John-Miles, Jan 31, 2003.

1. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Well I am beginning to get the feeling that Yamaha Canada is either Ignorant of what is going on in their own company, or they are on to some new information. As I posted a few days ago my local dealer told me the New dvd-S2300 had been discontinued, this shocked me, so i contacted Yamaha Canada, they confirmed this and said none even made it into Canada.

But lo and behold i contacted a store in Ottawa and the response i got from them was that they had gotten two in late december, sold one, the other was on display, they would ahppily sell me that one, or they coudl order one in for me and it would be delivered quickly.

So what is on the go has it been discontinued and no general announcement ahs been made? or does Yamaha Canada just not know what is on the go cause they were certainly wrong about the none of these players came to canada thing.

Im so confuced and so very discombublated. [​IMG]

2. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

This is a MAJOR lie. I know for a definite fact that Yamaha Canada imported 10 DVD-S2300 in November 2002 and ordered another 13 to arrive by the end of January 2003.

Who was the person you were talking to at Yamaha Canada?

3. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

the person i was talking to was .. w ell actually here is the reply i got form Yamha canada when i asked about the player

Dear John
    A newer model will replace it soon in the fall.
    We never received any quantity of the DVD-S2300 for Canadian Sales. We are
    just as disappointed as you are.
    Regards
    Daniel Dame

And like i said in my post above i know somehow some of them got into canada, but my local dealer is being told by yamaha that its not available

im getting stonewalled here, but luckily my dealer is just as pissed as i am.

4. David Susilo

AFAIK, they still can order it for you (if your dealer is up to it), be aware that you can wait up to 3 months before getting it.

I know for a fact that Japan didn't allocate enough that particular DVD player to Yamaha Canada.

It is true also that by early fall 2003 Yamaha Canada will have a newer model that's fully developed by Yamaha (the 2300 is a hybrid between a Panasonic RP-82 (for video decoding and DVD Audio) and Pioneer DV-45A (for remote, transport and SACD section).

note: I'm by no means affiliated with the audio division of Yamaha Canada Music Limited.

5. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

David

thanks for the info, but if you dont mind me asking can you let me knwo how you know this information?

As I said my dealer is being told it was discontinued.

6. David Susilo

JOhn, quite unfortunately I can't divulge that information.

However, if you dealer is adamant that unit is discontinued, you may want to check other dealer and see their response.

7. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

I have already come to the conclusion it has not been discontinued.... but is it available in canada? [​IMG] you know just speculate for me [​IMG]

8. David Susilo

All I know for a fact that it's available in Canada in an extremely limited quantity.