Yamaha S2300 User Input

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Frank Cheh, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Frank Cheh

Frank Cheh Extra

Bought mine at Interstate Electronics, Hazlet NJ ask for Bob L 732-264-3900 cannot say what I paid but it was a very good deal. Have been using unit for the last two days, comming from JVC, Marantz, Panasonic this is by far the best money that I have spent on DVD/CD equipment. Using with Marantz AV-9000/MM-9000, M&K S90 speakers 125 SUB and JVC 36 new model TV-not HD. Had to reprogram Marantz 5000i remote-that took two days but it sure beats replacing/using other remotes. Back to the S2300, test sound does not play through sub channel according to manual. Setup for DVD/DVDA was easy but did notice that depending on the disk (see manual page 30 see NOTES) speaker settings might not work due to programing lock on disk, SACD was a tad bit more confusing (new to SACD)have to select MULTI/2CH mode before you start to play disk. BM is done by reducing the output to the front channels, not increasing output to sub ( see page 32 NOTES). Best sound is to setup for (MLTCH DIRECT page 31 #3) output, no speaker management sub will still work by combining all channels. Over all unit has great picture, great sound-dead quiet and you get rid of some cables.
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] :

2. CurtisC

CurtisC Second Unit

I have the s2300 ordered,maybe about 30 days.I don't expect a 1k miracle but it seems to be a quality player.avs forum has several owners.

3. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Well it was near a miracle for me, at least a miracle that i could get one [​IMG]

its a pretty sweet player, i know i love mine.

4. Michael St. Clair

I've got a 2300.

The DVD-A bass management is a simple analog combine (add bass from each main to the 'special' sub output). This might cause a hump between the lowest effective frequency of your mains and the frequency of the crossover. I'm going to do more testing when my test DVD-A shows up from Chesky.

The DVD-V bass management is the regular digital management as on other players...the 'analog combine' is bypassed.

The SACD bass management also bypasses the analog combine and seems to be the real deal.