Yamaha s2300 dvd player...close to buying

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marty Carry, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Marty Carry

Marty Carry Extra

Anyone have any comments on the Yamaha s2300...I have done some research and it appears to be the best multi function unit out there. I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks, Marty

2. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Well I can tell you that I am extremely pleases with mine, it is built like a tank, it weighs over 17 pounds, whisper quiet, and the picture is amazing.

the Bass management may not be perfect, but it is very good, so i have no complaints, as far as sound quality goes, it is the ebst i ahve ever heard.

I posted all my thoughts on this a while ago, in a minute i will edit this with a link to my little review

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=126738

3. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

I agree with everything John said. Its a great all around player, and the universal support is very nice to have. The video is superb and I've enjoyed it more than any other player I've used.

4. Michael St. Clair

I think it is great. I'm still playing around a bit with the bass management (have the Chesky DVD-A with test tones on order) calibration, but the sound quality is stunning. Picture quality is close to my RP82.