What's new

Yamaha RXV730 (1 Viewer)

Jeff_PxR

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone have any experience with this? It is rated at 75 watts per channel...is that real? Will this run a top quality Home Theatre WELL--Mirage OM7s, Mirage surrounds, OMC2 center, SVS sub? Thanks!

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
I personally Own the 730 and yes its real rating is 75x6 and you should have absolutely no problem running just about anything but concert speakers off this thing. I really love this reciever and its got a great sound and lots of reserve power. I'm running Energys off mine and I love it. I'd heard it play with Klipsch Reference series just fine.

Adam.Gonsman

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,
Yamaha if anything, tends to be conservative on their power ratings with their RX-V line. You shouldn't have any trouble driving those speakers on that wattage depending on how you have things set up. The 730 will have no trouble doing justice to the R2's and the C2. The 7's may or may not be an issue. The OM-7's can dish out some pretty good bass if they have the power to back them. On that wattage, though, you'll probably do better to let the svs hold on to the lower frequencies by itself.

If you want to run the OM-7's as large and especially if you want them to help out with LFE (you may not if you have one of the beefier SVS's), you may want to step up a model or two for the power ratings. This depends a lot on your room size too. Those 7's can fill a pretty good sized room if you want them to.

So the questions I'd asked you:

What size room are they in?

What responsibilities do you intend to give to the OM-7's?

The 7's are a beautiful pair of speakers and they deserve clean, unclipped power. The 75 watts per may be enough for your purposes, or it may not.

Regaurdless of whether you stick with the 730 or go up a model or two, I think you'll find that the Yamaha's are a great match for Mirage speakers. The Yammies although much better than they had been are still a hair bright in the sound they produce and I've found Mirages tend to be a hair dark. So they do well to compliment each other.

For reference, I'm running OM-10's on an RX-V3300 (130 watts per). I love it to death. The 10's just bask in the massive amounts of reserve power. They are just so clean and smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks